Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • SuperEnduro, Caesars Camp this weekend
  • dave360

anyone know what time it starts?

ps – I’ll be riding me white Commencal 5.5.1 so say yo if you see me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh, it’s actually happening is it? Been rumours for a loooong time about this!

Link? I tend to miss this sort of stuff….

EDIT
    Found it
    http://www.superenduro.co.uk/race2.php

dave360
    edoverheels
    Free Member

I have entered but as yet no start times are up. Seem to remember that they will be emailed out to people on Wednesday lunchtime. I will be on a black Orange Blood. I will look out for you because I am Billy No Mates for this one.
    Eddie

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Am hoping to amble up with kids & camera if I do am happy to pass on any pics afterwards (assuming that for once I can produce any worth looking at)

edoverheels
    Free Member

I always find that photos of races are a bit depressing. I think that I am cranked over hard or squashed down low and the camera reveals that I look like Granny on her way to the shops.
    However I will look out for them.

dave360

see you there ed. Look out for the VAN

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s a hill at Caesars camp? Is it just me that thinks thats a pretty odd location for a downhill race?

allthepies
    Free Member

£35 solo entry, jayzeus….

allthepies
    Free Member

downhill race?

I was under the impression that it wasn’t a downhill race but a series of stages to test different rider attributes/skills. But I only read the website, whadda I know…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Its fairly high (for the south) – 600ish feet & a rise of about 200ft (I think) – so I guess as good as you can get locally – it has bits (well one area) I’ll not cycle down but I am a middle aged, overweight balding wuss (typical STWer) so interested to see those who can not only survive the ride but make a good job of it

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

bit of a profile of the fireroad up from the car park – its steeper than this towards the edge of Caesars Camp

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

was under the impression that it wasn’t a downhill race but a series of stages to test different rider attributes/skills. But I only read the website, whadda I know…

I read the website, it seems one of the stages goes uphill?

So it’s a broken up XC race?

My impression was that ‘enduro’ races were multiple, quite long but less arduous downhill tracks.

onandon
    Free Member

That’s my local haunt. shame I wasnt aware of this until now.
    I was doing 25 miles a day around that site until an accident 5 weeks ago 🙁

edoverheels
    Free Member

The race times and instructions are now up on line. Dave360, there is a David Clark starting next to me. Is that you?

dave360

Yea no.65. See you there Mr Jenkinson. No back wheel buzzing please.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Don’t worry, no wheel buzzing from me, just clean passes!
    I just don’t want to be last and if I am then I’m blaming a puncture.
    No 66

dave360

the number of the bea

robbo
    Free Member

Not surprising only 70 entries so far given the total lack of publicity about this! Looks like a test event before bigger launch next year. Where was this publicised? £35 is steep but would’ve had a go!

edoverheels
    Free Member

Can still enter until Friday evening. It is a tester event but looks good fun and an excuse to ride somewhere new. Can’t remember where I saw it, presumably a news item on the ST or Dirt websites.

vinnyeh

Not surprising only 70 entries so far given the total lack of publicity about this! Looks like a test event before bigger launch next year. Where was this publicised?

mtbr iirc, though it’s probably best if he limits the publicity seeking and promotion if this is his style (commenting on his attempt to get Ibis to attend a demo day, (taken from mtbr)…

My local Ibis store in Farnham didn’t even have the courtesy to get back to me so I went to the importer 2 pure and received what I can only describe as a grilling worthy of the Spanish Inquisition from some Scottish guy who quite frankly was bordering on rude. Considering I am not charging them to attend this event he really did shock me by his attitude. Suffice to say he didn’t even have the decency to get back to me even to say no.

I wonder if Ibis realise how non proactive their distributor is? In fact the manager of my local store said that there was no need for them to attend demo days as people wanting to buy an Ibis normally just order one and all they have to demo is a Mojo in medium like many of them it would seem. Quite an arrogant statement in my opinion considering the state of the economy.

Ewan
    Free Member

Just went for a run over Ceasers way – going to be dusty!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I went for a wander round with the kids – if no. 79 is on here thanks for the wheelie, I got a pic & happy to send it on, another showing 23, 24, 25 & I think 26 in another pic – a little way off though

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘SuperEnduro, Caesars Camp this weekend’ is closed to new replies.