Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • SUPERBOWL
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Okay, . . who's going to be staying up to watch the greatest show on earth?

Got a bet on Manning passing for over 300 yards, Colts are more of passing team this year and the Saints pass defense is feeble.

Will be rooting for the Saints as they are Black n Gold, like my beloved Steelers!

Saints 33 Colts 30

yEHAAAAAAR!

tony_m
    Free Member

Yep, even though I'm a Falcons fan, I'm hoping for a shootout with a last second win for the Saints. Not sure I could stand it going to OT… 😕

atlaz
    Free Member

Saw the Saints at Wembley the other year from a box (corporate sucking up so free tickets). Can't say I'd go out of my way to watch a whole game on TV but I'll watch it if it's on and I'm up.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

It has all the makings of a great game, Manning and Breeze are arguably the two best qb's in the league!

Rickos
    Free Member

A friend of mine that lives in Grand Cayman won tickets, flights to Miami and hotel stay at his local bar. To say he's quite excited is a ma-HOO-sive understatement! He used to play semi-pro when there was a UK league, so he bloomin' loves it, he does.

molgrips
    Free Member

I might well be staying up.. But it certainly is NOT the greatest show on earth! 🙂

lister-hooded
    Free Member

The WHO are doing the half time show so may well stay up at least that long 😉

mind it's a hard act for them … twas THE BOSS last year 🙂

Oh…. fingers crossed but reckon it should be a good high scoring game …not too bothered who wins as the PACKERS aren't there ( again 🙁 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Lister – packers fan? If so, why?

tony_m
    Free Member

A friend of mine that lives in Grand Cayman won tickets, flights to Miami and hotel stay at his local bar. To say he's quite excited is a ma-HOO-sive understatement! He used to play semi-pro when there was a UK league, so he bloomin' loves it, he does.

Lucky him!!! I used to go to the US a couple of times a year taking groups of UK fans to NFL games, the highlights being Pittsburgh at Green Bay on Christmas Eve 1995, and SB XXX in Tempe. Ended up costing me a fair bit of money one way and another, but fun times. 8)

Pook

what';s it on?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

SB XXX in Tempe

kin ell we should have won that, Bloody O'Dummell and those interceptions!!

I'm still seething!!

What was it like live?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

what';s it on?

Beeb and Sky HD!

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Molgrips…
    yes, PACKERS fan.

as to Why ?

Not really sure, just happened to be one of the first teams I saw on Channel 4 Donkeys years ago and I think it may have somnething to do with the crown and the Greenbay BAY ! …

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup, I'll be watching, should be a good un. Though I want colts to win since Vikings arn't there, stupid Farve…..

tony_m
    Free Member

kin ell we should have won that, Bloody O'Dummell and those interceptions!!

I'm still seething!!

What was it like live?
    It was a brilliant weekend, but the aftermath was as bad as you can probably imagine!

Pittsburgh were the "company team", all our tickets usually got arranged through them, so I adopted them as my AFC team – wandering around in a Steelers jacket both in Green Bay and after SB XXX was entertaining to say the least… 😉 That said, NFL fans are generally pretty well-behaved (well, apart from in Philly maybe… 😯 ) so the teasing was all good-natured, especially once they found out we were Brits.

And you're right about NO'D. It was bad enough throwing the ball straight to the wrong guy once, but to do it again… 🙄 We also used to reckon it was pointless picking 14 as a lottery number, 'cos the ball would never come out – it'd just stay motionless in the middle while all the other balls ran around it! 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

like my beloved Steelers!

Woo…me too! 😀

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Woo…me too!

that 5 game skid this year was painful to watch!

I'm blaming Arians! Well and the Injury to Troy didn't help!

Look out for the draft in April, we need a good one.

rOcKeTdOg

He used to play semi-pro when there was a UK league

there still is 🙄

i shall be watching, not missed one since 1983

go skins! 😳

Hadge
    Free Member

I'll be watching – even though the Cowboys aren't there 🙁 Been listening (Armed Forces Radio) and watching it on TV since the early 80's. I even won a competition on Channel 4's show when it was hosted by Mick Luckhurst! it does do my head in though when they say the winners are "World Champions" – World????????? yeah right.

Kuco

If Saints defense pressure Manning and can keep it up they'd have a good chance. But I guess as a normal Colts game they will just play the first half to work out the opposition then come out second half and kick butt. Manning one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time but by god he's boring to watch.

Andy_B

cant find a good asshole chant. But all you steelers guys are 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ahem . . .

Andy_B

It doesn't stop you being assholes though?

john_drummer
    Free Member

it does do my head in though when they say the winners are "World Champions" – World????????? yeah right.

well, technically, I guess they're half right, as apart from the slightly odd (IIRC) version played in Canada, the NFL is the world as far as this particular game is concerned 😉

*IIUC, the game played in Canada is like wriggle & run compared with rugby union…

rockitman
    Free Member

Niners fan here since the golden times of Montana, Rice & Craig. God I loved that team, truly awesome…

Went to one of the Cowboys Bills superbowls in the early 90's at the Rose Bowl – Michael Jackson did the halftime show. Fabulous experience!

Gonna cheer for the Saints tomorrow. I hope they terrorise Manning 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

beer ready, snacks ready, let the spectacle commence!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Game on!!!!

Bud and popcorn,

hotdogs for halftime

ianpinder
    Free Member

Dominos pizza just delivered. think its going to be a high scoring game.

was the flypast 1 plane short…..

Hadge
    Free Member

Sounds perfect Ron!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘SUPERBOWL’ is closed to new replies.