Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Super short pin flat pedal options
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

My wife would prefer flats rather than SPD on her new gravel/hybrid bike, doesn’t want something as full on as the Nukeproof on her MTB as worried it will rip her shoe when wearing her casual trainers.

What’s the best option for a super short pin flat pedal that would give an ok level of grip but not tear soles apart. And old set of Shimano MX30 would have been ideal but mine have long since died a death.

sillyoldman

Shimano GR500 or for something even less aggressive, the Shimano EF202?

thepurist

Wouldn’t fitting a new set of shorter grub screws work for whatever pedals you want?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wouldn’t fitting a new set of shorter grub screws work for whatever pedals you want?

+1

I don’t like long pins, I prefer just the right amount of grip to keep me in place but not so much I can’t adjust my feet. So either buy short ones or file down the stock ones on all my pedals.

mashr

or washers under the screw head if they are thru-pins

zerocool

Just fit some shorter pins if she’d rather have less grip.
    Most are just grub screws. I think the North Shore Billet Daemons are the only ones with their own proprietary pins.

weeksy

Whyte bikes pedals. The pins are small and moulding plastic rather that pin pins.

PEDALS

zerocool

As Weeksy says, just get some cheap plastic BMX pedals for her

johnnystorm

My other half and daughter both have DMR V6 and haven’t had problems with them. The bushing are a bit stiff out the box though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.