Super Besse

Home Forum Bike Forum Super Besse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Super Besse
  • Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Not yet but planning on visiting the Lioran this summer. On a road ride last year I spotted some interesting tracks around St. Christophe Les Gorges which I’m going to recce too.

Let me know how you get on with Besse if you go

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Oh and I haven’t found any good bike shops west of Mauriac, Decathlon in Aurillac is not far from Le LORAN though.

Premier Icon themightymowgli
    Subscriber

Hiya,
    Has anyone any experience riding at Super Besse or anywhere around Aurvergne?
    Where’s a good place to start?
    Good bike shops?
    Guides?

Thanks

ianv

Superbesse is a great little bike park. Well worth a visit, really friendly locals (riders and bar owners!)
    Lioran is not a great park but, apparently there is a little private one that uses the lower chair lift that is pretty fun.
    It was a few years ago but, there were adverts around the resort for an outfit offering guided rides.
    There is an ffc centre at la bouboule, but it’s a bit rubbish.
    The terrain is pretty cool so I am sure there is plenty of good riding, buy an ing map, it’s not like its the high mountains.

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Thanks Ian I’ll check Superbesse out in August then:-) I did notice they had built some bits of boardwalk when I was at Lioan skiing in March so I might go take a look anyway as no doubt I’ll have to go to Aurillac sometime whilst there.
    Whast are the Besse trails like?

ianv

Super cool blue with lots of flow, 2 reds alternating fast with steeper tech sections and wooded rooty stuff near the bottom. A black that has been used for coupe de France comps andhas some pretty big features. There might be more now, it was 3 years ago when I was last there.

The trails lead into a wood park at the bottom with various features and different size gaps.

The private park by lioran is ( I think) like a series of 4x tracks.
    Lioran is just a track down the hill that had had no maintainance and was battered ( 4 years ago but someone last year told me nothing had changed)

leggyblonde

Let us know how you find it please. I’ve been there in winter a few times and have often though about a bit of MTBing come summer.

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Thanks ianv, I’ll report back in September, do you live over there then?

ianv

No, just get around a bit 🙂

Premier Icon themightymowgli
    Subscriber

Many thanks all. I’m really looking forward to it. Been given several day passes to get out and explore.

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

Don’t forget to report back 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Super Besse’ is closed to new replies.