Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Super Besse
  • themightymowgli
    Free Member

Hiya,
    Has anyone any experience riding at Super Besse or anywhere around Aurvergne?
    Where’s a good place to start?
    Good bike shops?
    Guides?

Thanks

smokey_jo

Not yet but planning on visiting the Lioran this summer. On a road ride last year I spotted some interesting tracks around St. Christophe Les Gorges which I’m going to recce too.

Let me know how you get on with Besse if you go

smokey_jo

Oh and I haven’t found any good bike shops west of Mauriac, Decathlon in Aurillac is not far from Le LORAN though.

ianv
    Free Member

Superbesse is a great little bike park. Well worth a visit, really friendly locals (riders and bar owners!)
    Lioran is not a great park but, apparently there is a little private one that uses the lower chair lift that is pretty fun.
    It was a few years ago but, there were adverts around the resort for an outfit offering guided rides.
    There is an ffc centre at la bouboule, but it’s a bit rubbish.
    The terrain is pretty cool so I am sure there is plenty of good riding, buy an ing map, it’s not like its the high mountains.

smokey_jo

Thanks Ian I’ll check Superbesse out in August then:-) I did notice they had built some bits of boardwalk when I was at Lioan skiing in March so I might go take a look anyway as no doubt I’ll have to go to Aurillac sometime whilst there.
    Whast are the Besse trails like?

ianv
    Free Member

Super cool blue with lots of flow, 2 reds alternating fast with steeper tech sections and wooded rooty stuff near the bottom. A black that has been used for coupe de France comps andhas some pretty big features. There might be more now, it was 3 years ago when I was last there.

The trails lead into a wood park at the bottom with various features and different size gaps.

The private park by lioran is ( I think) like a series of 4x tracks.
    Lioran is just a track down the hill that had had no maintainance and was battered ( 4 years ago but someone last year told me nothing had changed)

ianv
    Free Member
    leggyblonde
    Free Member

Let us know how you find it please. I’ve been there in winter a few times and have often though about a bit of MTBing come summer.

smokey_jo

Thanks ianv, I’ll report back in September, do you live over there then?

ianv
    Free Member

No, just get around a bit 🙂

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Many thanks all. I’m really looking forward to it. Been given several day passes to get out and explore.

smokey_jo

Don’t forget to report back 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Super Besse’ is closed to new replies.