Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Super 3R vs Proframe/Stage/Trajecta.
  • kiwijohn

I took a stack yesterday that ripped the rear retaining band out of it’s socket on my Super 3R, writing off the whole helmet.
    I do like the removable chin bar for climbing in an Australian summer & the full loop hangs around your neck nicely. It’s fairly well vented & pretty light, but still gets pretty sweaty.
    On the other hand, the trails around here are getting decidedly more Gnar, so a proper full face would be good option. Not sure how much of an impact the 3R can take on the chin.
    The Trajecta is the preferred option mainly for the movable visor for goggle storage. But it’s bigger & heavier than the other 2 & may not be as well vented.
    The visor on the Stage moves but not enough & the Proframe, not at all.
    The Proframe weighs as much as a 3R, but the Stage is even lighter.
    The cheapest option is a crash replacement for the 3R, whereas the other 3 are around the same price.
    No one locally has the new Super Air or Parachute & the Leatt doesn’t fit great so they’re out.
    Anyone have an opinion on these options?

zezaskar
    Free Member

First question, do you need/want DH rating?

kiwijohn

Not really. I’m getting too old for that sort of thing, but I do appreciate the protection.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

Bell Super DH is worth a try.

The 3R isn’t DH rated, but in German Tests they said they couldn’t kill the chin bar.

alan1977
    Free Member

Doesn’t help with your question specifically.. but ive got the Endura Mt500 which carries some DH rating being full face… So maybe if you are looking at lightweight FF it should be on your short list.
    My only gripe is you cant park goggles under the visor without them in your eyeline

kiwijohn

Unfortunately, the Endura isn’t certified here.
    I didn’t know the 3R chin bar rated that highly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Super 3R vs Proframe/Stage/Trajecta.’ is closed to new replies.