Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Suntour forks
  • Bez

Looking around for a 26”/QR/1 1/8” fork for a rapidly growing small person, there seems to be a whole bunch of Suntour forks around for silly money brand new. Suntour’s naming system appears to be that they play a game of Scrabble and whatever tiles are left over at the end are used to name the next fork, so I get a bit lost as to what’s what, but I still end up wondering if any of them are any good.

Has anyone used any of these? Like I say, it’ll be for a small person so it won’t exactly be stressed. I guess they’re pretty heavy. But old SID XCs seem to be harder to get hold of than I’d like.

Also may be a stealth wanted ad 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d avoid the scrable ones ideally, the ones with actual names however are actually pretty reasonable through to very good.

Wether it’s possible to avoid them and stay 26″ is another matter though.

Something like this maybe?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272085445456

dmck16
    Free Member

[stealth reply] About to list a set of Fox 32’s, 100mm travel [/stealth reply]

Bez

[stealth caveat]insultingly low budget[/stealth caveat]

stevextc
    Free Member

Suntour seem to have consistency problems…

I saw a lad with the rear shock popped the first ride out… (just at Swinley on a brand new bike)..

We bumped into the Dad and Lad a couple of weeks later and they were on the 3rd shock…

They also did the whole bait and switch thing as I remember where they did the early Epixons (or whatever letters were left) and then … switched the internals … then changed back but only for certain markets…

Kinda makes me nervous … though choice of new Fox/RS in 26″ is getting pretty limited.

joebristol

A proper epixon is meant to be quite good. But there are different versions in different markets

amd it’s hard to tell what you are going to get. From the online research I did the crap ones with xc32 dampers have a cheaper looking adjustment dial on the top of the right fork left. In the end I was weighi up that or a Suntour Raidon – but luckily someone offered me an older RS revelation which I snapped up straight away.

How much does your boy weigh / does it need to be an air fork?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suntour forks’ is closed to new replies.