Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Suntour auron forks
  • trusty

Anyone tried the new ones? My pikes need replacing and I can get these at a good price. However, they’re not a bargain if they’re rubbish….

mattyfez

I’ve been very impressed with my 2016 epixons, build, stantion finish and ride quality.

They are a step up the range from what I have so that’s anecdotal, but I can’t see them being bad.

trusty

Bump for the Friday morning skiving crowd 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes. I’ve ended up with some all black RC2 Aurons, rather fortuitously, on a second hand Rocket I bought. The Aurons are now down to 130mm and on my BFe and the (heavier, stiffer, longer) Durolux that were on the BFe are now on the Rocket.

These ones-

They’re really good. Look past the name on them but you can buy RS stickers with the money you saved if you’re that fussed 😆

woodster

I’ve got a set of RC2s on my new build. Haven’t had too much riding time, but they feel great so far. Very nicely made, all the adjustments and they feel very controlled and smooth.

So far they’re looking like a big bargain.

trusty

Cheers. They are tempting, expecially as I can get them for less than half the price of the rockshox equivalent. Ideally I’d want a 29er version at 160mm, but they seem to stop at 150mm

kayla1
    Free Member

The travel adjustment is pretty simple so you might be able to go up to 160mm if the extra hole’s there-

That’s for the Epicon/Epixon but the Auron and some Durolux are the same. It takes 15-ish minutes, 20 if you have to drill another hole for the pin to get the travel you want.

trusty

Cheers Kayla, it does look fairly simple but I’ll pass on drilling them! The bike is speced with 150 forks but I’ve been running it with 160, so 150 would be fine. How do they compare with the Pike or lyrik? Reviews seem few and far between for the new versions

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve got no idea about Pikes but I had some air Lyriks on another bike and to be honest I’m a bit too numb to notice much difference (other than price!) in the way good stuff behaves. I certainly wouldn’t be able to tell you the difference between Lyriks and Durolux in a blind test and I’ll show my arse on the town hall steps if anyone else could either. If you’re anywhere near the North East you’re welcome to come round and have a nosey at them if you want.

trusty

I’m in the Forest of Dean, but thanks for the offer 😀

slackman99
    Free Member

They’re great forks for the cost conscious. Got a pair of the 29er 2016 black ones currently set to 140mm (with gold stantions). Stuff, adjustable and not overly heavy. Seem really well made. Just about to list them if anyone is interested as going back to the fat bike. Had about 10hrs use

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Suntour auron forks’ is closed to new replies.