Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Sun’s Out Weekend Riding Pics
  • sirromj

Wait! Is that a snow covered mountain in E. Kent?
    No, just a pile of excavated chalk in a farm field.

matt_outandabout

@fooman – looks superb…

drnosh
    Free Member

@sirromj

Looking East at the Water pumpimg station, Manston Road (near Acol)?

montylikesbeer

Just got home from a glorious ride around Rossendale with a good mix of road and gravel. It’s the first time I have pushed the Camino and it was a blast.

Northwind

First time at Glentress since the first lockdown! (I pretty much missed the summer due to ill health and family stuff). First day of relaxed travel rules so I popped down, a little later to avoid the crowds. Spoiler: it’s still really good. A lap of the red route seemed kind of symbolically appropriate, with some addons. Absolute perfect run down the Fort at the end with fading light, honestly couldn’t have been better.

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/174488304_10158354756847815_1585153435665866870_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JHLg6G3ncmoAX9qN2MP&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=d1f6f33f0744516267b1c42c02c817b6&oe=60A03666

(I stood right here literally the first time I went to Glentress, back in 2009 with ChrisL and others, they were building this trail at the time and gave me a lift down so I could ride. Then it was the first trail I ever worked on myself, then I raced it in the EWS… But today felt as good as any of that, good to be back)

Jamze

Chilled ride around all the local farmland byways. A few have been ploughed over and crops growing, assume they’re not supposed to do that. Beautiful weather.

sirromj

Looking East at the Water pumpimg station, Manston Road (near Acol)?

Yes 🙂
    The 2nd is from the other side of Acol on return.

jimmy748

More Purbeck tonight with some cheeky riding on on the Ranges

Sandwich

Wait! Is that a snow covered mountain in E. Kent?
    No, just a pile of excavated chalk in a farm field.

More likely to be dried sewage sludge

scotroutes

25km down to a spot in Glen Feshie where we reckoned we’d not have any overnight visitors.

It turned out a bit chillier than forecast (-3C) so I had cold toes overnight – I hadn’t taken my down socks. I had remembered to lie a water bottle on its side though, so I got water for coffee this morning.

Saw a young crossbill on the chimney of the cottage we were camped at. Like us, he was taking advantage of the morning sun to warm up.

ruggerbugger13

Little spin out in the Suffolk sunshine(must learn how to post images on the forum soon🤔😜)

davros

Awesome conditions in the peak. We did a nice 40km Jacob’s ladder route.

Big day out

singlespeedstu

Yair again for us this avo.
    Love it there.
    Another afternoon with the place seemingly to our selves.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTpWKb]2021-04-17_06-02-40[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTp768]Rut[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTut1v]Chute[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTusM9]Its coming[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Tracey

Intentions were to do a big one today but had to replace a locker door handle on the camper. 5 minutes job to change the handle and 30 minutes to swap the lock barrel over. It just didn’t want to stay in.
    Did a few hours local with the dog. Nice and warm.

birky
    Free Member

Dunkeld today, up round Loch Oisinneach Mor and Beag

poah
    Free Member

sun burnt at comrie today. Boys did the red with me and sophie did the blue as well as 3 miles in the skills park.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ok, here’s a couple from yesterday eve:

reluctantjumper

Got out in the Beacons on the Gap route.

Pretty much perfect weather! A small bit of wind and it wasn’t too hot or cold, 10-13 degrees all the way round. Wasn’t even busy which surprised me a bit seeing as it’s Saturday and sunny. Pen Y Fan was a sea of walkers though when I drove past, guessing everyone went up there the easy way.

bruneep

matt_outandabout

Stunning photos and riding folks!

Landlord duties called today, so no riding after a long morning out. And i’m not posting pictures of me servicing 8 bikes today in the sunshine, tapps aff for some of it…

white101

Folks another great weekend of riding pics and inspiration and it’s only Saturday!!!

Some fantastic images of our wonderful countryside and all that it offers. Great to see so many kids enjoying the sun and their bikes as well.

Hit the road today for a few miles in the sunshine, I’ve been keeping the MTB for after work blasts to clear the head.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNx38JILzts/?igshid=c24338i2s4xo

ricko1984
    Free Member

Nice ride outwards Brighouse yesterday, was only meant to be a quick ride but turned into abit more.

Don’t think I’ve seen the trails so quiet in a long time, was great! Either everyone was at the pub or watching Philips funeral?

Showing my bro and his girlfriend around my local trails today, so will head out towards Hebden way I think

jimmy748

robbo1234biking

An hour at the pump track with my son this morning. He wants to go back next week. Look on his face says it all!

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Great photos as always .I haven’t taken many lately as I have been having too much fun playing with others on my new bike on dry trails at last 🙂

eskay

Great morning fir a bike ride!

matt_outandabout

@robbo1234biking win’s the week’s thread and internet for today with that look 8)

ogden
    Free Member

No pics but managed to get up Boltby Bank on my road bike in 8 min 40 on my first ever and last ever attempt this morning 😂. If that’s the 54th hardest climb I don’t wanna try any others, I sounded like a seal when I got to the top.

poah
    Free Member

two days of riding and I’m dead. Hopefully I won’t be too sore tomorrow. Visited pitmedden forrest where the trails were dry and dusty. Really good trails as well.

mtb scotland

off this jump

mtb scotland

how I ended up lol

mtb scotland

tetrode
    Free Member

Found a gnarly exposed trail in the fod today, so dry and dusty!

Quarry drop in

montylikesbeer

This was this morning’s ride, a good road hack to get the legs spinning, some fast gravel, techy XC and a coffee half way around, perfect (for me at least)

rOcKeTdOg

IMG_20210418_163612_871

pennine
    Free Member

Scar House Reservoir, Nidderdale. Photo doesn’t do justice to how blue the water looked

CheesybeanZ

Luvly ride in the Fod today, very dusty.
    Pillowell is riding brill 👌

Anna-B
    Free Member

This is Spitfire track, formerly known as Pig slop track. Difficult to imagine it axle deep in mud and gloop, which is how it is over winter. I renamed it as I learnt that this was a former boundary of a secret development and final assembly location for Spitfire aircraft, near Salisbury.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTyvni]IMG_5805[/url] by Bindylou, on Flickr" alt="null" />

kayak23

Woburn Saturday, Fod Sunday.
    Testing the new motorbike.

dawson

Saturday – 28miles dusty local gravel ride

Sunday – 22miles Peak District Eastern Moors loop, saw a deer – cracking weather

poah
    Free Member

vid of my quite pathetic crash lol

tetrode
    Free Member

Pillowell is riding brill

There’s so many good trails there, love the steeper ones especially

ta11pau1

Local one on the new bike, every bugger and their dog was out – saw a queue at a pub to get into the packed beer garden.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Sun’s Out Weekend Riding Pics’ is closed to new replies.