Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SunRace MS8 Cassette – 11 Speed
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone using one of these?
    Fitted it to a freehub that had a 12 speed SRAM NX, so basically a shimano freehub.
    Have you fitted the spacer behind the cassette?
    Under load it sounds Ruff AF! (almost grinding) the cassette is not loose and its shifting really good ish.
    Using a new SRAM1130 chain.
    After one ride it is easing up a little.
    Thoughts plesae.

singlespeedstu

Did you also fit a new chainring?

devash
    Free Member

I’m sure I read a while back that they have issues with SRAM chains. KMC or Shimano work better.

kimbers

I had this with a new mx8 in the biggest sprockets, but it went away after a few rides and shifting was always fine, this was with a shimano chain

wzzzz
    Free Member

I run an ms8 and an mx8 11-51 on two bikes

One has shimano 11 chain, the other is a sram eagle 12 chain

the sram one sounds rough sometimes in the 51 especially when covered in mud… i put it down to chain line difference? the rough one has a few mm wider chain line

but maybe there is mileage in the sram chain thing?

sotonkona
    Free Member

I ran an MS8 on a Hub Pro 2 with Shimano freehub, Shimano XT chain, XT 11 speed mech and RaceFace NW ring, it worked faultlessly for about 1500 miles and I only stopped using as I stripped down the bike. No rough sounds and fairly slick shifting. I found the jump between the two biggest sprockets much better than the Shimano equivalent which was quite a jump to the big sprocket.

SOAP
    Free Member

Mine sounds like this lol

john_l
    Free Member

That’s very helpful! Noticed mine doing this yesterday and thought it was the Smoove lube I’d just started using.

luv2ride
    Free Member

I’ve got a few mx8 cassettes and never had an issue, but am going into the garage now to lube those rivets after watching the video…wheels off technique though, was waiting for the straw to fly off that spray can and coat his disks with PTFE!

swanny853

Wzzzzz- the eagle chain has bigger rollers iirc. Certainly made horrendous creaking noises running it on a ‘not eagle compatible’ chainring, so might be the same on an 11s cassette

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SunRace MS8 Cassette – 11 Speed’ is closed to new replies.