Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sunrace CSXR1 11-36t 11speed cassette
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I took delivery of a Vitus Energie Evo last month and it came with one of the above cassettes mounted on Novatec D792 11 speed hub, all good.

I bought a pair of new hoops today and when I took the cassette off the OE wheels, there was a thin spacer, think the type you put on when using a 10spd road cassette onto an 11spd road hub, so I thought nothing of it and put it on the new wheels, the lock ring threaded on nicely by hand and then tightened up fine.

The gears needed a minor tweak to set the high and low limits to suit the new hub, but other than that all good.

The question is should that little spacer be there, is it a Sunrace road thing?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Check 1, 2…

nixie

Is the novatec a 11 speed road freehub? Is the new hub 11 speed road? If yes then yes you need the spacer. If the new hub is 10spd road (which is the same sad 11spd MTB) and the old is then no you don’t. A slight indexing tweak is not unusual changing hubs.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Both hubs are 11 speed road, the cassette is listed as being 11 speed road also.

Yeah, I expected the slight indexing adjustment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace CSXR1 11-36t 11speed cassette’ is closed to new replies.