Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sunrace cassette with Shimano 11sp groupset.
  • Premier Icon pembo6

Just bought an 11sp sunrace 11-46 cassette (MX80). My groupset is all XT 11sp other than the new cassette and an absolute black oval chainring. I’ve heard that SRAM chains work better with the sunrace cassettes. Does anyone have any real world experience with this?

The sunrace is replacing my current XT 11-42, as I need an easier climbing gear. I was going to get the XT 11-46 but the cog tooth spread/spacing is kinda dumb. Massive jump up to the 46t. Whereas the sunrace spreads the gaps out much better.

Cheers.

Premier Icon ajt123
    Free Member

I run this. SlX m7000 plus Sunrace.

Works good. Don’t need any more range.

Premier Icon ART

Yup – sunrace has much better spacing, XT + sram chain, all runs perfectly!

Premier Icon windyg
    Free Member

All xt with KMC chain and 11-42 Sunrace cassette works better than the Shimano one and better spacing.

Premier Icon nixie

11-46 syntace on 11 speed xt here with KMC chain. All good for me.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

XT 11 speed, Sunrace 11-50 and a variety of chains works just fine.

My experiment with Apex 1 and 11-46 doesn’t. 😔

Premier Icon blitz

Also using an XT/SLX mix with sunrace 11-50 and KMC chain. All good.

Premier Icon zerocool

I’ve got this cassette and coming from an 11-38 1×10 speed drivetrain I’ve found there’s more range than I need. I feel
    Like it could ride up a vertical wall now. Cannot think of a reason to need more.

Premier Icon drob59
    Free Member

Same setup here and I have used SRAM PC1130 and the cheaper 1110 also. No issues but perhaps the reason you have heard that SRAM chains are preferable is that they are supposedly very flexible side to side and this helps with the dropping off from the largest cog on back peddle. Mine is very good on back peddle and only drops on the bike stand very occasionally (never real world whilst riding). It could be that a less flexible chain shifts better, not that I need any better shifting.

Premier Icon Jordan

Yep, OH has sunrace 11-50 cassette with XT drivetrain and sram pc-1170 chain runs perfect.

Premier Icon JohnnyPanic

Cannot think of a reason to need more.

Get a bigger chain ring then for more top end speed 🙂

Premier Icon ajt123
    Free Member

I went Sunrace cassette as I wanted the 40 to 46 jump, rather than the larger Shimano one.

Also, larger cogs are steel, on alloy carrier, so better durability.

Premier Icon zippykona

I had all kinds of trouble sorting out my shifting. New mech and hanger.
    Only when I ditched the sun race and went to Shimano did it sort itself out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.