• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by prom.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sunrace cassette/SLX mech
  • prom
    Free Member

I’m building a new bike with a mix of SLX and Sunrace and was wondering if the SLX shadow plus mech can handle an 11/48 10 speed cassette. I’m currently running an 11/46 which works fine with a goat link. If anyone is actually running this set up it’d be good to know, as opposed to “try it, should be okay” (but all advice welcome).

poah
    Free Member

no issue with an SLX mech and an 11sp 11-50 sunrace cassette.

prom
    Free Member

Thanks. Will 11 speed have more “reach” though? If anyone’s running 10 speed with 48 (or even 50) it’d be good to have confirmation before I pull the trigger.

johnjn2000

Been running that combo and at times a standard Deore mech with a Sunrace 10sp 11/46 absolutely no issue…………..once it is set up. Took me a while but I am a bit crap

johnjn2000

OK, I need to look harder you said 11/48……..Hmmmmmm now was mine 46 or 48, it is in the garage if i remember I will look tomorrow

prom
    Free Member

Really appreciate that, thanks 😊

prom
    Free Member

Anyone running 11/48 Sunrace with a 10 speed SLX mech?

chrismac

Running 11 speed xt mech with a sunrace 11-50 and it’s nothing but trouble. Going to get a shimano cassette instead after spending months trying to get them to play nicely together. Shifting is awful

prom
    Free Member

10 speed and 46 (with goat link) has always been fine but thought with new bike I’d try 48 for a change. I’m using a KMC chain not shimano, and Hope retainer, so it’s just the mech and shifter that are Shimano “moving parts” whereas the contact points on the drivetrain that don’t play well together. Also I’d guess with more gears squashed into the same space, the tolerances are finer for good shifting.

prom
    Free Member

10 speed SLX (with goat link) – anyone running a 48 (or even 50) cassette?

anderzz
    Free Member

I had the bright idea of getting a big 11 speed 50 tooth SunRace cassette this week. It’s going to be paired with an xt m8000 long cage derailleur.

I must admit I don’t have too much faith in it working too smoothly mind.

Looks nice on the bike mind.

prom
    Free Member

Still on a 10 speed, and I know 11-46 works, but want to try 11-48. Seems like everyone runs 11 speed. Goat links give mechs a bit of a helping hand, so you might get lucky. In the meantime – SLX 10 speed shadow+, what’s the biggest cassette people are running. 46 works, 50 would be pushing it, but anyone got (10 speed) 11-48?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.