Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Sunny weekend approaching – what are you up to?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Four of us off to Edale camping sans bikes to do a bimble across Kinder Scout, followed by an evening of boozing and piss-taking in The Old Nag’s Head – can’t wait!
    What ‘adventures’ have you got planned?

chewkw
    Free Member

Check out the local Sunday market 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

Friday – Heading to Dent to see if my knee can bend and cope generally with some big climbs and rocky trails after gouging it at the Dyfi and having complex ‘mattress sutures’ . If I can’t I will find consolation in the George and Dragon drinking Dent’s finest ales and then supper and more ales.

Saturday – Popping down to Brum to collect a bike and then more beers at my sister’s in Wolves – we’ll be in the Newhampton Inn.

Sunday – Heading home to Lancaster to clear my garage post robbery for contractors to take away asbestos roof and put new steel roof on.

postierich
    Free Member

Friday heading towards Dent with the chap above!
    Saturday Bivvy up High St somewhere then on Sunday kayaking Ullswater with bike attached then maybe Hellvellyn if I have any energy left!

mrhoppy

Up to the Lakes whilst the ladies are out of the country.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Road ride to Brighton and back from Croydon on Saturday, and an easy recovery ride on Sunday.

Flaperon

Working. 🙁

Shouldn’t complain, really.

gordimhor

Friday Nevis range red route and Witches trail blue. Saturday road ride, Sunday back to work.

jekkyl

Camping with wife & child near Shrewsbury somewhere, trial run for the new big tent before 10 nights in Brittany in 4 weeks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dads taxi tonight. Daughters got a sleep over and laddo is going to gym on his own. Up early tomorrow for a ride from the door before the midday sun kills me, then just beer barb and chill at home. We’ve been very busy of late.
    Oh and wash the van and car, jet wash the deck etc etc
    Yeah really relaxed 🙄

Drac

Overtime today unil 11 tonight, Saturday being dragged shopping but Sunday no plans.

senorj

Stripping wallpaper ,chiseling lathe & plaster ,a bit of second fixing,
    a trip to the tip, and babysitting…….rock & roll. 😐

metalheart
    Free Member

400 mile motorbike jaunt today.

The proper weekend will be taken up with domestic duties in preparation for flitting shortly…

ChrisA
    Free Member

Might have a run down to the BMF show tomorrow morning, if not maybe a road ride tomorrow early doors, then off to a Chatsworth for the eventing on Sunday with the Mrs & dogs

binners

Is the weather forecast good? Must be. Right on cue…..

‘Daddy watch this…. I’m going to cartwheel over the top of the sofa’

‘Dont do that. You’ll hurt yourself’

One trip to A&E, one badly sprained knee, and one pair of crutches later, our outdoor activities seem to have been scuppered for the weekend.

So…. Probably watching despicable me and playing golf on the wii 🙁

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Off to the aptly named HOT’s 8)

weeksy

Cadwell park on my 750 K7. Leaving about 12.

Some of this tomorrow 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Working 🙁 earlies though so at least I’ll get to have a ride after work. Going for a woburn xc ride after work this eve as well.

badnewz
    Free Member

Bike cleaned, garage cleaned, planning two 3 hour rides on my local trails, and some very cold beers 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

non bike related stag weekend for an old friend.

there is quad biking though and whisky (edradour)

Jamie
    Free Member

FA Cup on Saturday, then either celebrating or commiserating for the rest of the weekend.

withersea
    Free Member

Saturday – Otley show, bit odd that the sun will be out for this one!
    Sunday – 70m road ride love/hate training ride

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Friday heading towards Dent with the chap above!
    Saturday Bivvy up High St somewhere then on Sunday kayaking Ullswater with bike attached then maybe Hellvellyn if I have any energy left!

Bloody hell Rich – thats quite a weekend! Take it you’re back to 100% then now?

Me? Tomorrow pottering around the garden and a quick spin up to Norland Moor with the wife and kids and then an early start on Sunday to get to Grizedale to do the PMBA Northern Enduro Rd2.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Slateman triathlon in Snowdonia, very glad the weather has warmed up!

Feel free to visit my fundraising page for Leukemia and Lymphoma Research 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

FA Cup on Saturday, then either celebrating or commiserating for the rest of the weekend.

Indeed, already told Mrs R to forget a bbbq until its all over. Come on you Gunners!!!

mattbee

Off today but doing lots of household jobs. Working Sat & Sun but off to QECP for the Enduro, possibly to race but more likely to be drinking beer, eating BBQ and heckling from the trail side.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’d like to take the kids to Steel City DH to heckle cheer. I’d also like to get out on my bike for a long sunny ride. I suspect I’m going to have to pick one of the other.

Shame the kids aren’t old enough to ride over to Sheffield so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

90k’s Roadie ride tomorrow, early start/mid morning finish then I’ll sleep in the garden until I grab the SS and head to QECP where the Enduro thingumybob’s on and watch in Awe as they all RadztotheMaxGnarrlyDude themselves down the bumps to thunderous applause and Podium Girls, should be fun that.
    Sunday will be another Roadie ride but late PM with hill climbing training in full flight.

Shades On Lads n Lasses.

Enjoy! 8)

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Its supposed to be hosing down here in Glasgow…again. It’ll be another indoors activity weekend then…

Hope you all get sun burnt 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Builder coming round on Saturday to price up a job.

Sunday – first distance road ride. Training for:

This

About 60 miles, I should think.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nothing bike related. Not sure yet, I have my daughter this weekend so whatever she wants to do really. Probably go to the park, check out some mums while daughter plays on the swings, go to the café, check out some mums, bit of food shopping, check out some mums…

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

off to Waitrose then Mister P? 8)

smashit
    Free Member

Classic two day route off MTB the dales. New Alpkit Hunka to try out. Should be nice and warm overnight in the hills.

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/outandabout/gettingactive/cycling/mtb/mtb-findaroute/mtb-route-two-day-tour

emsz
    Free Member

Local plant and flower show/fair with mum on Saturday morning, bit of clothes shopping ( for a lbd, as its an awards night on London). Then Sunday run with some mates and there’s talk of a BBQ at mum and dads in the afternoon

Been so busy recently it’ll be nice to have a slob about

Pieface

Driving to North Yorkshire Moors to start a weeks long holiday with the family in a cottage

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Road ride tonight after work, same again tomorrow morning, house warming party/BBQ in the afternoon and evening, and hopefully pending catastrophic hangover situation a big group ride at Peaslake on the MTB’s on Sunday…

thegman67

Uplift at in Inners on Sunday.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Meeting the bird’s mum for the first time this avo for an early dinner… I mean I’m a grown man and all that with a job and stuff, kids responsibilities, so why the anxiousness! Then quick ride to the pub late on while I leave them to it, tomorrow it’s Daddy Day Care so no big rides this weekend.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tracey

Try not to work on a Friday so had a swim this morning, washed and cleaned my car Going to walk the dog this afternoon then out tonight for a sports award dinner at Abigales school.

Will be spectating and cheering on at the Steel City DH in Greno woods.
    Abigale is in the Ladies race

Probably riding local on Sunday so that she can revise for Mondays exams

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Sunny weekend approaching – what are you up to?’ is closed to new replies.