Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sunglasses recommendations?
  • Max…
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a supplier/brand/website for something reasonable but not with the silly prices so many are asking these days – polarized, maybe sub £50 and more in the old Oakley Ten or Northwave Predator style?

zilog6128

What car have you got?

rossburton
    Free Member

Not very stealth ad: I’ve some Oakley Half Jackets 2.0 XL that have been worn once and you can have for £40. I bought them to swap the lenses to prescription but I didn’t get on with the visual field distortion.

The lenses are not polarised but replacements can be popped in trivially.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

Have a look at the Carnac ones from Planet-X.

Got three pairs for a tenner each. They are spot on for the money.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/clothing/eyewear

dave_robinson1
    Free Member

I bought these from Amazon for about a tenner and they have served me well! I always lose/break sunglasses so its pointless me buying expensive ones!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

O’Neill polarised from eBay or m and m direct. I’ve about 4 pairs. Brilliant, never wear Oakleys now

rockhopperbike

has anyone got any recommendations for the photo-chromatic glasses – light dark transitions kill me in and out of the wood etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tifosi.

rockhopperbike

good – lost a pair of them – they were good- will look for another pair

Max…
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

didnthurt

Try Bloc, their optics, styles and build seem good, not a bad price either for when you lose/break them.

didnthurt

For reference I’ve got Oakley, BBB and Bloc. My Oakley’s have been great but not 3x better than the Bloc. The BBB one’s are adaptor light and have worked well.

Kryton57

What car have you got?

😀

dc1988

Another recommendation for Tifosi, I’ve got a few pairs of Oakley glasses but they’re not worth the extra cash

jjxray
    Free Member

I got a pair of the dhb pro triple lens from CRC, really good value

failedengineer

I can recommend the BBB photochromic ones, work really well and nice fit. Merlin have them.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Wife got me these for my burfday. Been pretty happy with them!

https://www.siroko.com/collections/k3-open-road-cycling-sunglasses

kirky72
    Free Member

Deport village are selling their own branded shades DPV for 40/50 with what look like decent photochromic lenses. They look so close to Oakley styles, one is looks basically like the flight jacket.

stumpy01

I’ve got some Tifosi glasses which are really comfortable, but the lenses are interchangeable & after perhaps only changing the lenses 3 or 4 times between dark & clear, the clips on the dark lenses have cracked & will no longer stay in the frame. The clear lens has cracked in the same place, but I intend to glue the crack & not swap them anymore.

I don’t know if they have changed the clip system to swap the lenses, but I found it really stiff & hard to do; even following the instructions to the letter, I think I have over-done it.

They are really comfortable – probably my favourite glasses now, but I won’t be buying another interchangeable set, from them.

Jordan

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Bloc and always found them to distort quite badly, occasionally dangerously so. I even parked my car into a wall that apeared to be at least a foot away from the front with the glasses on. I couldn’t believe the difference when I took them off.

Just got my lad a pair of Tifosi for his birthday and was very impressed both opticaly and fit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sunglasses recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.