Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sunday November 9th… ladies Ride- Peak District
  • chickona5
    Free Member

Hi all

This is my second at getting some of us girl riders out for a ride in the Peak District. I managed to gather a few last time.

I’ve recruited a few this time, but not enough!

THE PLAN!……

Meet 9.45am Hope pay and display carpark (S33 6SB)
    20 – 23 miles of tough riding in Hope/Derwent Valley/Winn Hill (ish) area.

Feel free to inbox me on Facebook- Holly Grinstead (holly_grinstead@hotmail.co.uk)

See facebook groups Nottingham MTB Girls and Birds on Bikes for posts about this meet up!

Come along girls!

Esme
    Free Member

Sounds lovely, but sadly too far and too fast for me 🙁

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’m very very very tempted! I love the riding there but I’m not the best it has to be said…. I need a buddy to come along with me to feel confident enough to come along. I’ll keep you posted for sure! But it’s definitely pencilled in 🙂
    Ps; if I come along… I need a lot of laughing and chocolate and cake and ogling at male mountainbikers and a set time for lunch (food is very important to me!) and time to compliment one another’s beautiful bikes ( mines a bit poop but you must compliment anyhow!) So…. There’s a ‘rant!’ 😆
    Anyhow, I do hope I feel confident to meet up !
    Helen x

chickona5
    Free Member

Hi ladies! Just come along and dont worry about pace. Whenever im riding with people its a case of we wait at the top of hills if we need to.
    As for oggling blokes….errrrm haha….ill leave that to u…..cake i can do!! Lots of 🙂

Pook

I should really organise another pootle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is the only way I can think of to encourage Hora up hill

You should ,but a different day, and i should attend one

Pook

Solar powered…. I’m not anything but you might want to keep Sunday 2nd free….

solarpowered
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    Solar powered…. I’m not anything but you might want to keep Sunday 2nd free….

😉 *jumping around all excited!*

solarpowered
    Free Member

Hi ladies! Just come along and dont worry about pace. Whenever im riding with people its a case of we wait at the top of hills if we need to.
    As for oggling blokes….errrrm haha….ill leave that to u…..cake i can do!! Lots of

You’ll definately be waiting for me at the top 😆 and if I’m honest I’m in for the bike ride not the ogling 😛
    Will try to make time & bake something nice too…. !… xx

vickypea
    Free Member

Sounds fun, but I’m one month into 6 months off my MTB while I recover from back surgery. I’ll keep a look put for any group rides in the spring.

jimmy

this is my birthday present, right? I know I’m not here often but posting on a public forum was never going to keep the surprise. Still, I’m in!

solarpowered
    Free Member

vickypea – Member
    Sounds fun, but I’m one month into 6 months off my MTB while I recover from back surgery. I’ll keep a look put for any group rides in the spring.

Oh no! You poor thing!! 🙁 Keep the mind positive Vicky (easier said than done I know) & those months will pass so quickly! Sending healing vibes xx

jimmy – Member
    this is my birthday present, right? I know I’m not here often but posting on a public forum was never going to keep the surprise. Still, I’m in!

😆

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks solarpowered 🙂
    I’ve just started doing some gentle sessions on my spinning bike. Hope I don’t lose all my fitness over the winter!

Bunnyhop

vickypea – glad you’re on the mend.

I’d come along with solarpowered if I wasn’t off the bike, 3 months on and another 5 months to go 🙁

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’d come along with solarpowered if I wasn’t off the bike, 3 months on and another 5 months to go

😥

LadyGresley
    Free Member

20 – 23 miles of tough riding? Not for me I’m afraid, I may have to arrange a little 10 miles-ish bridleway bimble with Esme soon I think.
    Have a good day out girls 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – how come you’re off the bike at the mo, if it’s not too nosey a question?

Bunnyhop

vickypea – Broke my hip mid July, clean break and ended up with 3 pins through the femur into the ball joint. Like you a few days in hospital. They kicked me out cos I was doing well. Was on crutches but now using a stick and can walk miles, although at quite a slow pace.
    Back on the turbo trainer also at a slow pace as I have to build up muscles again and trying to get back some fitness.
    Similar to you in the fact I was fairly fit before my accident (slipped and fell in a children’s playground).

Absolutely dying to get back on my mtb in the hilly countryside, with friends and fresh air. Miss it so much.

chickona5
    Free Member

I’m still on for the 9th November ride!!! Just a wee reminder here!! 😀

chickona5
    Free Member

I had 2 riding buddies turn out on November 9th. It was a really good ride and a pretty good pace. If you have a reasonable amount of fitness can push come join us next time!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sunday November 9th… ladies Ride- Peak District’ is closed to new replies.