Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Sunday Night Avoiding Thinking About Work Tomorrow Thread.
  • singlespeedstu

What are you doing to avoid thinking about work tomorrow?

I’ve just ordered a curry and cracked open an Old Jock 6.7 beer.

Give us all your tips for beating the end of the weekend downer feelings.

RustySpanner

Huge Kobedi kebab, a small cherry vodka, some mates and a session of Ticket to Ride planned for this evening.

Board games are ace.

Simon

Day off tomorrow 😀

AdamT

Wine for me, then some post CX stretching.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got a drygate dark skies American stout and a  chicken + roasties/roast veg giving it laldy on the BBQ out the back door.

Prepped my gear for a hill run tomorrow night instead of coming straight home as Mrs t-r is out for some fireworks thing with her work.

On a course all day…..not sure what to make of that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

First day in a new job tomorrow.

20% more money, a six mile commute and back working with a team of guys I’ve known for twenty odd years.

Looking forward to it.

northernsoul

Box set or film, particularly the kind of film with a complex plot that requires focus.

duncancallum

Hereford red temperino tempranillo

browsing the web looking a bikes to buy and after today’s demo the winner is

bergamont 29er

whilst watching a gritty Runcorn Documentary–2 pints of lager

dont know why but i have a thing for sheridan!

singlespeedstu

Looking forward to it.

Hope they’re looking forwards to it too.

Also hope you’re still free to post rubbish on here.

iainc

Good luck PP !

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’d completely forgotten about work tomorrow, until I spotted this thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Playing guitar to these two awesome artists..

Jazz/Funk/Soul .. sublime..

Northwind

Fannying about with the car in a very low energy way.

singlespeedstu

I’d completely forgotten about work tomorrow, until I spotted this thread.

So sorry for that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Good luck PP !

Thanks Iain.

Still feeling ever so slightly rough from last nights leaving drinks if I’m honest. 😉

Alex

5:30 start tomorrow for three days in London means no booze and an early night.  Still did have two days off to ride this week so it’s fine. Mostly 😔

funkmasterp

Just finished watching Den of Thieves on Netflix. Kids and Mrs F just got home, so story time and then probably another film, start a book or TV series to take my mind off work.

Good luck PP

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

So sorry for that.

It’s ok thanks.

New pedals and shock should be arriving this week (fingers crossed), which helps numb the pain.

fossy

Pottered about all day doing little jobs I’ve not bothered with, but when done = brownie points.  Wine now, and Shrek on C4 HD, fab movie..  Another movie later, then I may hit the hot tub before bed.

We got a blow up tub about 18 months ago. I built a permanent enclosure over the summer (a wooden gazebo, perspex roof and half perspex sides) so we can use it all year.  Packing these blow up ones away causes the damage, (two tiny holes after last winter) so its in a shelter that is weather proof.

Alex

After reading this thread, I’ve sneaked in the last couple of Affilgem’s I bought on the way back from a brilliant week in the Maritime Alps in July.

MoreCashThanDash

I was off all last week, and I don’t work Mondays – hurray!

To take my mind off going back in on Tuesday I will spend tomorrow organising a massive Scout fundraising effort to run up till Christmas, before spending the evening with the Yummy Mummys in the café area at my daughters gymnastics club.

rene59
    Free Member

I like to leave mondays free from meetings and commitments, maybe every 2nd one I’ll work from home, takes the sting off a bit. I know not everyone can do that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Does work play that much on people’s mind?

doris5000

i normally don’t think about work until about a good 15 minutes after i’ve sat down at my desk on a monday.

but tonight matthew, i will be sinking half a bottle of red over the course of an evening with a shepherd’s pie, an hour or 2 with my sampler, and then an old Cary Grant movie with MrsDoris.

jonnyboi

Took my boys cycling earlier, now just opened a bottle of Pinot Noir with the wood burner(tm) lit.

jonnyboi

For a lot of us yes, my commute is basically stressing about what’s ahead then trying to de stress on the way home.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just back from a swim at the beach.

Which was nice.

vickypea
    Free Member

Packing for a short trip for a work meeting in Milan. Sounds interesting but I won’t actually get to see any of the city.

singlespeedstu

Just back from a swim at the beach.

Which was nice.

Didn’t you post about traveling to work on saturday though?

Fair play that’s some kind of commitment to paperclip sales.😚

funkmasterp

Yes, yes it does.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Didn’t you post about traveling to work on saturday though?

Yeah, but he’s flown across the International Date Line three times since then.

It’s already Wednesday where Flashy is.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

No work for me… Off to Aviemore tomorrow for a week of walking, beer and the odd distillery. Preparing myself though with a lovely North Devon Pale from Madrigal brewery.

kennyp
    Free Member

Retire. Worked for me. Not as much money but much more happiness.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of when I was a prison officer. Crapping bricks wondering what what coming next day (every day, not just after days off)

Can’t wait to get up for work tomorrow, driving a minibus with disabled people on board is ace!

For a lot of us yes, my commute is basically stressing about what’s ahead then trying to de stress on the way home.

That was me. Not anymore.

Tracey

Spent most of the day in the garage sorting out stuff for Peatys Bike Bonanza next Sunday and wondering how after having a stall for the last three years that we have once again amassed between us so much stuff. It’s helped me find stuff that I’d forgot where it had been put.

I spent an hour going through and re going through the mountain of tyres trying to find one, even messaged daughter to see if she had taken it. Finally found it in with a load of others in the camper van spares bags.

Now got a glass of wine and contemplating how we are going to get it all there in one vehicle next weekend because I won’t be able to drive and Abigale will have been out on the town.

jekkyl

Kryton57

Mrs K has opened some Malbec.  I’m beginning to regret my promise of not drinking during recovery or before training workouts.

I have intervals tomorrow but am 2550 cals in credit so a Malbec with cheese would hardly make me fat…

DezB
    Free Member

Playing guitar to these two awesome artists..

I thought you meant performing for them for a minute! I was like.. I wanna be there 😀

Me, I’ve just made a moussaka for me and my woman. Now chilling with Dragon’s Den.

frankconway

Have just told my functional & operational heads that I’m working from home on Monday – as one of them spread his germs over all of the team recently in an extended coughing fit. Net result is my working week has already started.

No, I’m not complaining. It’s a good job with a good company and its a quid pro quo.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else seeing this shite on Dragon’s Den? Indicators and brake lights for bikes (obviously flat bat only) Duh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sunday Night Avoiding Thinking About Work Tomorrow Thread.’ is closed to new replies.