Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sunbeds
  • tails
    Free Member

Do sunbeds give you the vit D that the real sun gives you, I always feel lethargic in the winter months which right pisses me off!

Say if I used it once a month as realise they are not great for you if used often.

pingu66
    Free Member

Depends on who you speak to but there is a growing consensus that sunbeds have many health benefits are are not only cosmetic. Sunbeds do help the production of vitamin D in the skin, I believe that’s its not possible to create vitamin D naturally in the UK due to the light levels in the winter months.

They also help seasonal affected disorder. Dont over do it though.

bones76
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the winter months and this winter has been made worse by the bloody rain but lets not go there as its not too bad out there today!!

I have a friend who as they say is (SAD) and he swears by the sun bed for what he says brightens his day and when i say brightens his day this guy has the bloody thing on in his bedroom for at least 2/3 hours a day but not for lying under getting bronzed up he just has it upright in the corner of his room blasting out the light!! But he swears it makes him feel better so who am i to argue if it makes him feel better on these dark, wet winter days!!! Personally only ever bother with them if am going away on holiday so don’t burn…

maccruiskeen

I believe that’s its not possible to create vitamin D naturally in the UK

Why do you need to ‘create’ it? Why not just eat it?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its Vitamin D3 that you want.

i started taking D3 in the autumn, along with two 15min (had to work up to that, 10mins at first and that was almost too much) sessions on a sunbed a week. i think its made a marked difference to my general well-being this winter.

best thing about it for me is that for 15mins i totally turn off and relax, it really does feel nice just to lay in light. i can be really wound up, yet afterwards be totally stress free.

i think you’ve got to be careful with sunbeds, i can see how people quite easily damage themselves, but i like them and i never thought i would say that.

my father in law bought the bed i use, its a reasonably new semi pro quality one that he got silly cheap as a pick up only from ebay. 350quid i think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sunbeds’ is closed to new replies.