Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sun loungers. Talk to me.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Wanted one for years but never get round to it. What have you got. Would prefer if I could just go and buy it rather than online, but whatever.

Cushioned obviously, reclining to flat or at least adjustable would be nice but anything of reasonable quality considered. Must be able to accommodate a tall, overweight fellow without grumbling or breaking.

Davesport

You talking about the folding up type of thing? The Lafuma ones are pretty good and lightweight.

frankconway

Teak steamer chair with brass fittings.
    Full length cushion/pad available separately.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Teak steamer chair with brass fittings.
    Full length cushion/pad available separately.

Nice! Do they go flat? For sunning one’s back.

bigG
    Free Member

We bought two of These resol Loungers during lockdown and cushions from wayfair for less than £20 each.

Yes they’re white plastic and teak would look classier but they’re in my garden and they’re maintenance free

In my experience they are impossible to lay down on without falling asleep so they are definitely comfortable

They’ve lived outside under a tarp for a couple of winters and just needed a pressure wash to clean them off

I suspect they’ll outlast me

dudeofdoom

I’ve got a Big Berth beanbag lounger , the one that folds into a chair as it’s super comfy,but it doesn’t go flat.

TBH it’s for my outside zen work garden, but don’t tell work as they’ll think I’m having far too much fun.

Wally

I built one out of the roof timbers from a house up the road, fell asleep on it today.

db

Money no object? Barlow Tyrie Loungers and cushions. Best part of 1k each but will last years.

CountZero

£50 ‘Gravity’ chairs from B&M. Very comfy, don’t need cushions ’cos the structure is elastic strung mesh. I’ve had mine for several years, they were a birthday pressy, and I’m really looking forward to a week or so of nice warm weather so I can get them out in the garden, with my sun umbrellas up, and enjoy some lazy afternoons with some books.

dyna-ti

Argos – £38 Folds flat.

frankconway

db – yep.
    jambourgie – if you were being serious…yes, most steamer chairs have various adjustments between flat and inclined.
    For optimal sunning of one’s back, a consultation with one’s bespoke outdoor furniture maker – artisinal, of course – is recommended.
    Teak must be FSC and kiln dried to the appropriate moisture content – some prefer air dried.
    Pip pip old chap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.