Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sun Glasses
  • shortyj15

I posted a few weeks a go but didn’t get any response.

I’m having difficulty picking the correct glasses for riding in, none seem to fit right close enough to my eyes.

I had some pairs from wiggle but they wobbled on my eyes on the rough stuff.

Want to spend below £100 if possible.

bikeneil
    Free Member

How far do your eyes stick out?

shortyj15

I mean when the glasses are comfortable on my nose then there is a big gap on the top and I can see over them kind of thing.

bearnecessities

Ok, I properly laughed out loud at that! Thank you 🙂 ^

(Sorry OP!)

shortyj15

I know it sounds stupid. I would like some constructive comments tho 🙂

bikeneil
    Free Member

Sorry. What I meant to say is that I also had trouble finding glasses to fit me so I went to some shops. It’s difficult to gauge the fit over the Internet.

deadkenny
    Free Member

For riding? off-road?

Can’t really comment on the fit as everyone’s face is different, but cracking glasses with great fit for me, for all of £5 to £10. Pass safety impact tests that many fancy branded riding glasses don’t, full UV protection, certified optically to wear all day outdoors for work use so suitable for all day riding, and if you break them they’re dirt cheap for another pair.

http://www.bolle-safety.com/model/contour (amongst other models).

midlifecrashes

Years ago I used to have some Adidas Evil Eye specs. The nose bridge was adjustable/replaceable in different sizes and the angle the arms sat in relation to the main frame was changeable too so you could get them really tuned how you like them. I was using them with a prescription insert which was too close as I would scrape my eyelashes on the lens of the insert when I blinked. They have changed the models now, the Race seems to be closest to the old model but all the Evil Eyes seem adjustable.

bearnecessities

I’d agree with Mr Kenny actually – had expensive glasses in the past for comparison, mainly due to being a bit of a label-tart, but the bolle sillium smoke I’ve just received from eBay from £9 posted…well, I’ve clearly been an idiot in the past!

They’re nice and weighty too with decent metal frames; maybe that will help them stay in situ better for you?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sun Glasses’ is closed to new replies.