Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Summer tyres. Too soon?
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Inspired by five whole days of sunshine and a couple of rides on dry’n’dusty trails to dig the Small Block 8s out of the darkest, forgotten recesses of the shed and stick them back on the bike today.

Just checked the weather forecast for my area for the next nine days:

I jinxed it, didn’t I? 😥

fibre
    Free Member

I was wondering who the culprit was!

Just leave them on all year, I found them great fun when we had the snow 😀 (about 10-15psi)

andrewh
    Free Member

That’s a rubbish forecast stef, hope you don’t live anywhere near where I’m going this weekend!
    I’ve been waiting 14months to use my summer tyres, spent most of last summer on 1.8” Panaracer Fire Xc Mud tyres, got some Speed Kings which haven’t been out since October 2011…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mugboo

My idea of a summer tyre is an old high roller out back, so yep, mine are on 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Just enjoyed 2 weeks on a Specialized Renegade/FastTrak combo but swapped back to Ardents front and rear yesterday with the realisation summers almost over

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fitted some new Panaracer Rampage this weekend – think ive had my two dry days this year now..

matther01
    Free Member

Stuck my crossmark on this week and all is fine so far.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Do you people Never Learn???

Last year I put my summer tyres on in April, remind me how that turned out again? If you must buy summer tyres:

Buy just one at a time.
    Do not look directly at them
    Keep them >4M apart at all times.
    NEVER put them on your bike.

nuke

I feel partly responsible: broke wrist start of April = instant dry trails and sun, cast off next Monday = rain and gloom returns 👿

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Summer tyres. Too soon?’ is closed to new replies.