Summer solstice ride what are your plans weather looks good :-)

Home Forum Bike Forum Summer solstice ride what are your plans weather looks good :-)

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Summer solstice ride what are your plans weather looks good :-)
  • Houns

No riding but shall be out with Miss Houns as she’s in to all that, may take her to Glastonbury or Stonehenge

soobalias

off to a little festival this year, so no riding at all on saturday

would like to get out round 3am for sun up somewhere nice, chill all day and then ride again in the evening for sunset.

so rare the weather makes it for both – bound to happen this year.

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

nightshift.

yunki

I’m a solstice baby, and it’s my 40th this year.. I’ll be snoring at sun rise, open house in the morning then off to the beach with the kids and various friends and family members in the afternoon.. The kids mum will take them home to her place in the early evening and that’s when we’ll get a fire going and crack open the Sailor Jerry’s 🙂

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Ride out of Staveley planned up garburn ,Ill Bell The Knott Bivi over than a ride back taking in Nan Bield in the morning, weather looks promising got 3 other riders.

So what are your plans for the evening?

Rich

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

anyone else!

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Just putting together some kit for an overnighter Sat/Sun. Probably round the Cairngorms in some manner….

Junkyard

same as you rich but no bike due to kids

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

I might join some weirdo with a beard, but haven’t got a pass out…yet

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Had a pre-solstice late night up near Perth on tueday, riding until sunset at 10:30

Today I had 85km of tailwind road riding delivering these posters around the North Pennines:

The tailwind changed direction with me. Magic.

Unlikely to be any more biking this weekend though.

bikebouy

I’m doing Raphas Hell of the North the opposite way around, did it the right way a few weeks ago, fancy going backwards.
    I shall drink in the Solstice on my own as MrsBouy has buggered off up North. I may poodle around town on my sex machine, we’ll see. 😀

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Tomaso does you Mrs need buttering up? 🙂

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

4am start for a mish-mash of Staffs finest bridleways n’ cheeky trails.

And tis my Birthday. 🙂

First time in a long time I’ve seen the sun creep above the horizon on my Birthday.

OCB

Dunno about riding yet, but I’ve not long got in from swimming the sunrise in, (in a surprisingly freezingly cold sea 😯 ).

It’s lovely out there.

Unfortunately got to put the finishing touches to the room we have been doing (finally), so have just been for a quick 50k blast on the road bike.

Warm, sunny, flying along. I’m a happy man.

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

Lap of Gisburn, followed by beer and roast pig. Camp over then trail building tomorrow. Anyone else is free to join us (PMBA summer BBQ).

SamB

Just having breakfast before doing London to Brighton for the second week in a row – looks glorious!

Then boat party tonight. I suspect an afternoon disco nap is on the cards…

higthepig

No riding. Village fete today and I’m on bouncy castle policing duty, no doubt dealing with fractious children will be a suitable replacement for exercise. Did wake at 3.30 and think of getting the bike out, thought better of it, need to be at the top of my game to control the toddlers making sure they take their shoes off before climbing on. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.

Lots of kid’s parties today that my children have to be delivered to. But tomorrow is my first MTB marathon of the season in the Harz mountains! Taking the singlespeed for it too! 😈

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Just off to ride some singletrack in the local wood for an hour, then it’s off to meet the lads at 12 and head over to Leicester for Kasabian Summer Solstice.

Lovely stuff

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

I will be riding round and round my fields in my tractor making hay! 🙂

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

no riding due to knee damage, just diagnosed yesterday………..been sore since the whitton but well and truly knackered a knackered knee………………. 🙁

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Nasty vondally… heal quick I hope.

Alps on Tuesday so was deep into ‘no mong’ window. But having ridden through six weeks of, what could most charitably be called, variable conditions, had to get out for a quick one.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o3z7TX]Perfect..[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Some brilliant trail building in our local woods. All ridden at about 60% commitment. It made a nice change riding a bit slower. Made the descents last longer.

bikebouy

Bloody lovely outside, I’ve completed my Hell of the North and chill axing before some rather large beers laters.

Yay!!

Duggan

Just riding some hills early doors this morning in preparation for the C2C next weekend, even though I ended up going up the same road three times just to ensure I got the requisite amount of climbing in, it was actually really quite nice.

Premier Icon Mike-E
    Subscriber

Tweed Valley tonight.

Premier Icon Trailrider Jim
    Subscriber

Local group ride, starting at Church Stretton at 21:30 tonight, crossing the Longmynd and Stiperstones and back for breakfast at about 04:00.

jam1e

Got up early and rode Doethie Valley.

Boggy in places but a great morning’s riding

😀

dpfr

I’m going right off you lot. I am currently mystifying medical science. At the end of three weeks generally feeling crap and with no end in sight, all I can do is look out the living room window at the Goyt Valley and feel frustrated. Then I come on here and you lot keep going on about what fun you’re all having….. #jealous

Supporting my wife +2 ladies attempting the SDW in a Day. Going strong despite the heat, 10hrs in and 65 miles so far.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Dry Dales trails. Lovely.

Had planned an overnighter on the moors above Rookhope on the c2c route but this boggerin’ eye infection has put paid to that. Typing through painful tears.

Premier Icon transporter13
    Subscriber

Levelling and grass seeding my garden with a mate while getting severely wrecked. Not promising that the grass will be done right but I can garuantee we’ll be happy with it

the teaboy

Pratting around with the kids, then Buckden Pike fell race. Lovely!

Tennis (tick)
    Grass cut (tick)
    Village swingers AGM tonight – sorted. AOB is always the best bit.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

did a midday ride in 3 countries yesterday (Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein).
    did a midday hike today (there is a signed MTB route for some of it, but the bit I did was too hikey for even hike-a-bike, but not quite via ferrata).
    with sun so high, there was no shade.

might try a midnight ride in the week or next weekend.

bikebouy

Just about to get the fixie out of hibernation and track stand all the lights on the Embankment, then hack to mates up on Clarkenwell for cocktails and canopies.

Have fun in the hills you lucky lot 😀

Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

Yesterday evening met up with 2 old (not that old) mates for a solstice bivi ride in the Clwyds.

jonba

Road ride for me. 150miles from Newcastle over to Scotland then towards Carlisle before coming back along the wall. Gorgeous weather for riding and some stunning roads – many of them new to me due to how far away they are.

Premier Icon MrOvershoot
    Subscriber

JohnClimber – Member

Yesterday evening met up with 2 old (not that old) mates for a solstice bivi ride in the Clwyds.

And Paul didn’t set fire to anything!

Kunstler

Trundled over from Achnasheen with the cargo trailer and currently cosy in my tent in the wood up Torridon Glen. Tomorrow will be more adventurous but to what extent will depend on the level of dreich.

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Did the route has planned maybe to many beers in the pub before we set off!
    http://www.strava.com/activities/156639712
    For some strange reason photos are upside down!!!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nMj9dY]GOPR0152[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/o4GTrN]GOPR0147[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nMjhdX]GOPR0130[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Summer solstice ride what are your plans weather looks good :-)’ is closed to new replies.