Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Summer shorts
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Looking for recommenadtions on hard wearing but light and stretchy summer MTB shorts

danti

Madison Zenith, great shorts that meet all of your requirements.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Morvelo RAD. On sale just now

lucky7500

Sombrio Highline. Expensive but really well made and deceptively long lasting.

honourablegeorge

Troy Lee Skyline or Ruckus, whichever is going for half price in last year’s colours at CRC

bruneep

I admire your optimism or is this for season 2021?

stevie750

I admire your optimism

+1

oikeith

I really like the pearl izumi summit shorts, they are a slim fit and stretchy with a DWR coating, at the moment sports direct are selling black pairs off for £40 or you can get other colours for more from retailers.

stumpy01

Not had them long enough to know how durable they are, but I’ve got some TSG shorts which are very comfortable; they are the SP3 model.
    Very light feeling & fine for wearing with knee pads.

Simon

Fox Altitude are my favorite summer shorts

nedrapier

I got the Morvelo RAD shorts on Sport Pursuit a few months ago. I like them. Nicely made, light material and feel good, but still look like they should last.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I use Decathlon ones as they are nice and stretchy.

They have just bought out new ones – not tried these ones yet:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/all-mountain-mtb-shorts-500-id_8550940.html

chakaping
    Free Member

I admire your optimism or is this for season 2021?

Erm, I’ve been wearing summer shorts for MTBing the last couple of weeks.

I do have the Madison Zenith mentioned above and love them – but mine are quite big and definitely suitable for year-round wear.

tthew

This very timely as my old Endura Humvees are pretty much showing my arse and the current version appears to have been shot with the Enduro Cannon, I look like lofty off It ‘ain’t half hot mum.

Of the above choices, are any of them a slimmer cut and not below the knee length? The Zeniths look like they may fit the bill.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Endura Humvee Lite were my default, lightweight material and comfy fit for my treetrunk legs.

Unfortunately they’ve been discontinued in favour of a ‘II’ model which I’ve not tried yet.

pictonroad

Morvelo RAD, so good I bought another pair and I’m properly stingy.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have some Nukeproof Nirvana shorts which are really nice, thin material but seem tough and are unobtrusive on the bike. Will probably be my shorts of choice for summer.

TLD SKylines from a few years ago are the other “go-to” summer shorts, but when I got a newer pair they had made them shorter. Boo!

Of the above choices, are any of them a slimmer cut and not below the knee length? The Zeniths look like they may fit the bill.

My Zeniths are quite baggy and particularly long (which is what I wanted).

tthew

My Zeniths are quite baggy and particularly long (which is what I wanted).

Thanks chakaping, useful info.

tomtomthepipersson

Zeniths here too. In fact I’m wearing them right now after my lunchtime ride.

I’m 6ft 2 and my mediums come to about an inch below my knee cap when I’m standing.

Sandwich

@lucky7500 I thought Sombrio had stopped importing into UK due to no distributor. Where did yours come from as I rather like their stuff? Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Summer shorts’ is closed to new replies.