Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • anagallis_arvensis

This england team are light years ahead of the welsh rabble from this am. But this argie team are still shit.

vondally
    Free Member

England world cup team is mainly on display
    Wade
    12trees
    Burns
    Wood
    Morgan
    Launchbury

Looking good

loum
    Free Member

England should buy a sausage machine because Argentina are really being put through the grinder in Salta. We’re back under way…

BBC webpage

mrhoppy

Brown is still shite though.

Kryton57

I knew it. This is the best we’ll see of Wales and the All Blacks before they fade, only for the new England team to rise and win back the Web Ellis Trophy at Twickers of all places. 😛

namastebuzz
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

This argentina team isnt very good is it!

True, it’s not the strongest Argie side but England have played some surprisingly good stuff. Besides, Argentina are always pretty tough at home, no matter who’s playing for them.

Wade has looked terrific in creating opportunities for others as well as electric with ball in hand.

Joseph and Strettle just botched a great chance though…..

Pigface
    Free Member

Wade very very sharp

vondally
    Free Member

Brown I thought playing well better at full back than winger……
    End of Ashton thank goodness with wade in

tinybits
    Free Member

Jo Marler is still rubbish and a penalty magnet

mrhoppy

Vondally, that’s not hard, he was hopeless on the wing.

vondally
    Free Member

LOL…….add Eastwood to world cup team

anagallis_arvensis

Shame I was hoping someone was going to chin marler!

vondally
    Free Member

Players like
    Hartley. And marlers will not be in England team as they are not psychologically reliable

tinybits
    Free Member

AA +1

anagallis_arvensis

Lawes is pretty dumb too, he’d be outrageously good if he had a brain.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well England botched several chances in the 2nd half (Strettle can’t catch) but 32-3 was pretty decent nontheless.

Right, I’ve watched SIX live matches today so a bit of a rest/beer before propping up my eyelids for USA/Ire at 0130 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Not overly impressed by ksevic, Joseph or brown. Eastman deserves an opportunity and foden is still England’s best FB. Care would have had a field day today. Webber will be very unlucky to lost the shirt to youngs. 36 was very good.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Zebo told to get to Houston airport and get on the plane with a kangaroo on the tail. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Sean Maitland, Alex Cuthbert, Brian O’Driscoll, Jamie Roberts, George North; Stuart Hogg, Conor Murray; Alex Corbisiero, Richard Hibbard, Dan Cole, Richie Gray, Ian Evans, Sean O’Brien, Justin Tipuric, Jamie Heaslip.
    Replacements: Rory Best, Ryan Grant, Matt Stevens, Alun Wyn Jones, Toby Faletau, Mike Phillips, Jonathan Davies, Leigh Halfpenny.

😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zebo told to get to Houston airport and get on the plane with a kangaroo on the tail.

Oops.

anagallis_arvensis

**** Zebo the Lions need someone like Hook. Hogg at ten with 1/2p as cover on the bench. Its a nightmare. Apparently sexton has a hamstring twinge. We’re DOOMED…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Please let Wade replace Ashton! Strettle was pretty good too. Burns had a pretty good game, not as good in the tackle as Farrel though. 36 looked reasonable, Launchberry was very good as was Morgan.

Brown was abysmal, Marler average, Kvesic pretty crap. Argentina were dire though so hard to read too much into it.

anagallis_arvensis

Launchberry was very good as was and Morgan is a fat useless Turk

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wow tough crowd…..more carries and tackles in the first half than just about anyone else and some great offloads too…….and a try. Other than that, yep useless 😯

anagallis_arvensis

He’s fat and he’s a turk any other evidence is inadmissible.
    Here is another useless Turk in action

and here Parling evens things up for Healy’s stamp on Cole

anagallis_arvensis

and I reckon Warbs was unlucky here

anagallis_arvensis

So anyone care to post a test 15 then? Or are you not brave enough

1/2p
    Maitland
    BOD
    Roberts
    North
    Sexton
    Phillips
    Heaslip
    Warbs.. should be Tips
    Lydiate/SOB
    Grey
    POC
    Adam
    Hibbard
    Vunipola

bench
    Cole
    Youngs
    Corbisero/Grant
    AWJ
    SOB/Tips
    Other Youngs
    Farrel
    Tuilagi

vondally
    Free Member

farrel for sexton if sexton hamstrung
    cole i think will start
    Cuthbert for maitland but good call

anagallis_arvensis

Why would Cole start over Adam? Madness.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Swap AWJ for Grey and Tuilagi for Roberts and that is my prediction for the starting 15.

Totally agree re Warbs/Tips

anagallis_arvensis

Grey is a better lineout option imo and I would fear Tuilagi being exposed in defence. Hooker is my biggest worry none of the options are that great and Sexton gets broken we are screwed.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I still think that Rory is the best option-throwing is pretty wayward though. Agreed that Grey is better in the lineouts, but is very fragile and nowhere near as reliable in defence as AWJ. Agreed re Tuilagi too (Christ that’s 3 times that I’ve agreed with you today!) but he offers so much more as a ball carrier. The doctor hasn’t carried well all season from what I’ve seen-certainly not as well as in the past.

Edit: Given that Bowe looks properly broken and Zebo is so inexperienced at this level, what odds 1/2p at wing and Hogg at full back?

bruk

1/2p on wing and Hogg/Kearney at full back looks like a good plan. I can see North being used as inside centre alongside BOD with Cuthbert on the other wing.

What concerns me is just who are they going to call up as back up at fly half? Sexton sounds iffy and Farrell just doesn’t run Gatland game plan.

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts carrying and defence were brilliant v england. Ran over Robshaw several times, Tuilagi on the otherhand seem easier to keep quiet. Roberts is the more conservative pick and bringing Tuilagi on later could work well. Hogg might be a wing option? For all his faults we might well still see Cuhbert.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Hogg’s at ten this week isn’t he 😯

anagallis_arvensis

Indeed with 1/2p or Jiffy Junior as back up!!!!

bruk

Well if Hogg goes well at 10 and Gatland solves one of Scotland’s problem positions I will thank him. However I don’t see how he could really be expected to cover there at test level this tour.

Problem is who do you call up. Biggar, Madigan, Laidlaw, Burns or Hook. Bit of a dearth of experienced and quality fly Half wise right now.

anagallis_arvensis

I wasnt very impressed with Burns last night.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Think hogg was expected to cover 10 without actually having to play there on tour except perhaps once, like tuesday, to see if he can. From a scotland point of view I just hope he does not get messed about like paterson did. I personally think he is a FB.

Agree pretty much with a_a’s team except maybe manu for roberts unless roberts has a big game on tuesday. Would stick with grey think awj and poc are pretty similar grey offers something a bit different.

When does gatland start looking to the first test and resting players, 1 or 2 games before?

wrecker
    Free Member

I think Manu as a sub isn’t a bad idea. Can you imagine Roberts running at you for 50-60 minutes then Manu coming on? 😯
    Weird observations by a_a though, burns and Morgan were very good yesterday. As for Hogg at 10 😯 That’s not going to end well.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.