Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Did you see the off load? 😯 fabulous hands.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, some lovely off loads, as well as popping up from the ground. Good blooding for the young ‘uns.

anagallis_arvensis

Patchel could be very special.

Pigface
    Free Member

Suspiciously Ginger though 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Japan?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa ha ha I wondered how long it would be before Henson’s name appeared, he’s thrown his career and talent away he needs to move onto something else. He was given a chance at Toulon and threw it away he could have been part of the team winning major honours, we’d love to see a dedicated focused Henson playing at the top level. But that person doesn’t exist.

wrecker
    Free Member

Japan are no mugs. They impressed me at the last RWC, and they will keep getting better which is great for rugby. Competition is good!

anagallis_arvensis

, he’s thrown his career and talent away he needs to move onto something else.

well done, could you have got more cliché’s in? Missing a few facts about why he left Toulon though.

throwing away his talent

wrecker
    Free Member

You need to let go, a_a. He’s done. Tragic, but he’s never going to live up to your hopes. It’ll only end in disappointment. Then come the tears, borderline alcoholism and finally hard drugs. [jeremykyle] he ain’t wurf it!! [/jeremykyle] 😛

anagallis_arvensis

He looked far from done in his few games last season. I still enjoy watching him play.

loum
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Japan are no mugs. They impressed me at the last RWC, and they will keep getting better which is great for rugby. Competition is good!

Totally agree. It’s not just good, it’s esential.
    World cup after next is there, game’s profile needs every boost it can get in that country.
    Fair play to Wales for going over there. Lot’s of respect.
    Lions should have done similar, instead of that game in HSBC.

loum
    Free Member

summer rugby

Don’t let this thread get derailed. Stick to those involved in summer rugby.

😉

anagallis_arvensis

Farel listed as 15 stone! Yeah right!

uwe-r
    Free Member

anyone got a link to a stream

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey – the Reds look v good. Thank goodness their line out wasnt working at the start.

[AA can you make one match without a Farrell bitch-fest 😉 ? But I was surprised at 15st too!! edit and disappointed in first kick straight down a Reds throat 🙁 ]

Good first scrum! and Bowe back to his best??

wrecker
    Free Member

Reds are winning the breakdown. Lions have the scrums and line outs so far.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa that must have been an important match based on the size of the crowd

loum
    Free Member

They deserve it so far. They’re really going for it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

oops – Farrell, Cuthbert and Warbs????

Great try though – blimey these Reds are great to watch.

loum
    Free Member

Gonna’ have to be careful with all these offside pens or we’ll be playing with 14 soon.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cripes, Hogg scares me to death. Definitely 1/2ps shirt.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is that one of the best defensive tackles this year?

uwe-r
    Free Member

great move that, unlucky not to score.

edit- yeah great tackle but then another great defensive move by Youngs at the scrum earns a try

loum
    Free Member

Not so worried about Hogg as Cuthbert.
    But imo, George North and Tommy Bowe look to be putting their names on the wingers shirts. And if Maitland stays steady, he could easilly take the bench spot covering a few positions.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agree loum. North and Bowe look very good indeed. Young putting pressure on Phillips? Great 1H to watch. Hats off to Reds!

loum
    Free Member

Young putting pressure on Phillips Murray, IMO. 😉

Backs worked so much better with a scrum half who could pass, the other day. I can’t remember who said it, but tend to agree with the description of phillips – great player, shit scrum half.

wrecker
    Free Member

Youngs is a better player than Murray. By some margin IMHO.

uwe-r
    Free Member

As an oponent you dont want to face Philips though as he has so much to his game.

loum
    Free Member

Three different opinions 😀

For me, that positions wide open then.
    But Murray’s got the best distribution, kicking, and defence. The other two maybe offer more direct threats on their own. But if that was key, you’d take Danny Care .
    Any plan that keeps the ball away from Genia boosts our chances, IMO.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Nearly a great try when North ran it from his own 22.

Warburton went for the line but maybe if he’d slowed up a touch and waited for Bowe (I think it was) who’d sprinted about 60yds in support it would have been a great try.

Owen Farrell displaying his limited rugby brain by continually trying a planned move that doesn’t work.

Cuthbert looking a little suspect defensively.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I think Hogg has done ok, he has had a fair amount of ball to field , positioning has been good made his tackles. Perhaps need an experienced player to remind him he does not have to run everything.

North immense. Cuthbert not.

Not sure what stevens is bringing never looks up when ball in hand. Back row needs to show more as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Warbs has been poor, Stevens has made more turnovers! Farrell very limited, grey hasn’t done much (AWJ for me), cuthbert exposed and Hogg doesn’t have the running skill possessed by the likes of 1/2p, maitland or brown. He needs to learn he doesn’t have the step or pace to beat people like they do. On the plus points, mako has been very good, bowe and north brilliant. The two youngs and faletau have been good.

loum
    Free Member

Think Stevens is last choice prop on his side. he’s in the squad as a different option, and emergency cover for the other side.
    What were the other options? Ross or Murray really, both more pure scrummagers and not really “loose” players. Adam and Cole are always the top 2 so I can sort of see why he took an alternative option like stevens at third choice.

prety much agree with wrecker there. Hogg’s being exposed in part by a lack of support from Cuthbert. He’d be better between Bowe and Maitland.
    But, Gray makes the lineout a strength. And makes it a bit easier for our other hookers with their dodgy darts. Youngs is throwing well, but Hibbards in pole for the test. So Gray makes his job easier.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stevens openly said he was surprised to get the call for the tour.

wrecker
    Free Member

….as does parling. Trouble is, he’s often largely anonymous around the park. I’d go POC and AWJ at the moment. Someone needs to make the decision for Farrell that he’s a 12, not a 10. He’s actually been quite good in the centre so far. Can cooper make a pass which isn’t forward?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep. Agreed wrecker…he’s an excellent 12! Warns not playing well then? We all know that I’m not a fan, but I find it hard to imagine the tour captain not starting the first test?

loum
    Free Member

No-one could argue with POC, on form he’s the best.
    And AWJ is still world class despite his missed tackle.

Great game BTW.

Warbs playing like first game back from injury. He needs this for his match fitness. He’ll be 100% better next time out.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Bowe possibly broken now, arm in sling hand strapped…nightmare

wrecker
    Free Member

Cole is stuffing that lads head up his arse.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.