Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

I only caught the first 25 mins of the match yesterday so missed both bits re CH. But is he in danger of becoming another Hartley ie, good player but prize one ****t and liability at the same time? Put both of them together and the yellow card risk jumps immediately.

I don’t think that Healy is an inherently dirty player. I would be surprised if anything happens about yesterdays incident. As for the Dan Cole stamp, it was outside the rules but Cole was wrong side and I think his competitive nature got the better of him.

Rory’s darts have always been a bit too inconsistent. Its a shame because the rest of his game is very solid.

Scamper
    Free Member

Think that’s a pretty good HC draw for Glaws.

wrecker
    Free Member

it was outside the rules but Cole was wrong side

😯
    I’m a bit surprised that anyone is trying to justify this blatantly cynical attempt to injure a fellow professional.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apologies to the Welsh Irish contingent for discussing the Heineken cup Six Nations…you see, it’s this competition that runs every year where clubs six countries from around Europe compete to be crowned as Six Nations champions.

😉

Oh, and FWIW, Perpignan for an away match would be a great weekend away.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bit obvious O’Flashearty 😐

Must do better. C+

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know. Poor effort. However, in my defence, just off the back of a thirteen hour flight during which I spent most of my time in a little locked room in the cabin rather than my seat. Large parts of the Urals have been sprayed. 🙁

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Even more obvious maybe, and before any of you other lot come out with it…

“Apologies to the Scottish contingent for discussing rugby.”

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Team for Saturday

Full team: Stuart Hogg; Alex Cuthbert, Manu Tuilagi, Jonathan Davies, Tommy Bowe; Owen Farrell, Ben Youngs; Gethin Jenkins, Tom Youngs, Matt Stevens, Richie Gray, Geoff Parling, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton, Toby Faletau.

Replacements: Hibbard, Vunipola, O’Connell, Tupiric, Murray, Sexton, North.

anagallis_arvensis

Thats everyone given a start, next weeks selection will reveal a lot.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Everyone but Kearney who is still injured

anagallis_arvensis

good point

Queensland Reds:
    Ben Lucas; Rod Davies; Ben Tapuai; Anthony Faingaa; Luke Morahan; Quade Cooper; Nick Frisby; Jake Schatz; Beau Robinson; Eddie Quirk; Ed O’Donoghue; Adam Wallace-Harrison; Greg Holmes; James Hanson; Ben Daley

Replacements: Albert Anae; Sam Denny; Jono Owen; Radike Sam; Jarrad Butler ; Jono Lance; Mike Harris; Dom Shipperley

only heard of a few of these

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Odds on how long Hovis lasts before getting injured again?

As I said before, POC or AWJ should have been captain.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I would say that is a pretty strong Reds team, certainly most feature regularly in the Super15, hopefully we will get a decent match.

anagallis_arvensis

Not the strongest Lions frontrow with Stevens in at 3 and Youngs at 2. Bowe aside that could be the dirt tracker backline, still quite tasty looking mind. Back five of the scrum will need big games.

wrecker
    Free Member

I reckon the Tuilagi/Roberts decision is wide open. Faletau and warbs are going to need big games. Would Gats not start his capt in the tests though? I do wonder if SOB is on a hiding to nothing.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’m a bit surprised that anyone is trying to justify this blatantly cynical attempt to injure a fellow professional.

Not trying to justify, just state that I don’t believe Healy is an inherently dirty player.

On sat team the forwards could get it tight in this one, bit light weight looking.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why are the midweek team playing (sorry Sam and Manu) on a Saturday? 😉

(Correct me if I am wrong, but CH does “have previous”. If other props (Welsh for sure) are better/as good but also better at controlling the red mist/not getting caught 😉 ) then why take the risk in a test match?)

wrecker
    Free Member

Just got sent a link to this;

Brian Lima And Shane Byrne Had A Boxing Match, It Went As You Expect It Might

😀

http://balls.ie/rugby/brian-lima-and-shane-byrne-had-a-boxing-match-it-went-as-you-expect-it-might/

anagallis_arvensis

I reckon the Tuilagi/Roberts decision is wide open. Faletau and warbs are going to need big games. Would Gats not start his capt in the tests though? I do wonder if SOB is on a hiding to nothing.

True, but I expect Roberts to get the nod due to his defence. Am I reading too much into it that Tuilagi seems to have been picked at 13 and we assume BOD has 13 wrapped up? Whilst Davies is getting a run at 12 seems they are all auditioning to partner BOD. Faletau was very good in the first game, I think his work rate in defence is better than Heaslip but Heaslip is a better carrying threat, big call.
    Easily possible to pick a very strong test 15 with no English or Scots. I think Grey will start but the english are marginal calls like Tuilagi/Roberts, Adam/DankHole, Gethin/Vunipola/Healey or Croft/Lydiate

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

AA, I agree that BOD is “chosen” 13 (rightly or wrongly) and it is up to the other three to show how can break the game line and offload to release BOD best. Very tight call IMO, but not sure about the basic assumption though (ie BOD as a shoe-in – in the past for sure, now…..?)

anagallis_arvensis

So what do we think of:

1/2p
    Bowe
    BOD
    Roberts
    North
    Sexton
    Phillips
    Heaslip
    Warburton
    Lydiate
    Grey
    POC
    Adam
    Hibbard
    Vunipola (assuming Healey is broken)

bench
    Tuilagi
    Farrel
    Youngs
    AW Jones
    SOB
    Cole
    Other Youngs
    Gethin

wrecker
    Free Member

All good points a_a. No arguments here. I reckon some of those marginal calls will go Englands way, if only due to the lack of representation. Put bluntly (and I’m not saying it’s right), they need the viewing figures. The Lions tours have always had their detractors and they do need to justify their existence. I reckon Mako is in with a very good shout and so is Manu (as you said). Croft not so much.
    I must eat some humble pie and say that Sexton was fantastic yesterday. Looking forward to see how he does against some quality opposition.
    edit; I’d swap warbs and roberts for SOB and Manu, but then I would, wouldn’t I….

anagallis_arvensis

SOB? left AWJ with 3 players to mark here

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is Grey a token or a genuine pick there?

anagallis_arvensis

genuine, think he’s the best player available

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’ll be a pity if Healey doesn’t make the test. 🙁 His mobility would have been an asset. He and Adam and are a dream prop combo. And he does have recent experience of beating Australia 🙂 I like a_a’s selection. Sack Gatling I say!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’d agree with that AA although I’d like to see Tip at 7 and Warb at 6. I’m not sure that Lydiate can justify a place at the moment.

I think Heaslip will start at 8. If only he would play to his potential in a green shirt!

From IT:
    Jamie Heaslip was outstanding. He made more tackles (12), more runs (16), more clean breaks (five) and more metres (118 — the next best was North’s 77) than any other Lion.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Probably more than the whole of the 6N BM! 😐

anagallis_arvensis

I would admit i chose Lydiate on reputation.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thats true DD.

Just realised Tips on bench on sat, maybe we will see Warbs @ 6 and Tip 7 for half an hour?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

My lad doing his best POC scowl….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s much better looking than POC!!

DD junior is nailed on scrum half – with shortarses like us for parents, he’ll be lucky to be taller than Stringer. 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I never moved outside the front row so any height won’t be from my side!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

WTF almost universal approval with a_a this rugby thread is going downhill 😀

I would have Manu in for Roberts and O’Brien in for Lydiate.

Hogg on the bench

Scamper
    Free Member

Gloucester’s future hooker practicing his scowl at the opening match this season 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Don’t get the love for SOB, look at that gif above, no way Lydiate would do that!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d have AWJ rather than Grey and Lydiate Tips Heaslip at 6 7 8.

anagallis_arvensis

more from the gwlad gif store

and finally Adam again steals the show, “shit we’re on telly clap”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Warbs’ face behind. 😆

anagallis_arvensis
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.