Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Summer long sleeve jerseys
  • jonba
    Free Member

Can any one recommend somehing that isn’t stupidly expensive. I was thinking about £40-£50 – dhb type stuff but all theirs are winter weight.

I just want the same thing as a standard summer ss jersey but with long sleeves. Roadie XC fit so nothing baggy. I know I can wear arm warmers with a ss jersey.

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of Cannondale LS jerseys that fit the bill

I really rate their clothing range, decent price and fits/washes well and lasts ages
    There’s always some in someone’s sale

globalti
    Free Member

Not so. dhb’s Windslam jersey is perfect for chilly summer evenings, I was wearing mine last night:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-long-sleeve-windslam-jersey/

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Im selling this, any good?

This one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=65645

£17.50 posted

It’s brand new, un-worn with tags in XL 🙂

Email in profile if interested.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m an xc/roadie whippet so a medium for me – I want it tight to fitted.

I’ll have a gander at cannondale and I suppose I could look at other bike branded and pro kit as well.

I have the windslam roubaix which is really warm. Is the windslam thin material? I want something for evening rides to keep the insects and nettles off me as well as something I can wear a LS base layer under for chilly racing in spring and autumn. I get too hot in the fleece ones and like layering options so I don’t have to carry loads of clothes options to races.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve never found anything that fits your requirements. Closest I’ve got is a Santini longsleeve, which is thinner than winter weight but prob still too warm for summer*.

*I’m a fatty, so get hot just thinking about exercise.

specializedneeds

These are summer weight

They used to do them in blue as well but must have sold out. There’s white and orange too. Worth asking about other colours, stock levels seems a bit fluid.

MrGreedy

The long sleeve jerseys Endura use for their custom kit (including the Singletrack jerseys) would fit the bill. I have one of the ST ones and one of our club kit too. Not sure if they do something similar off the shelf though.

globalti
    Free Member

The Windslam is lightweight, not insulating but the material is densely woven and windproof. It’s perfect on a summer’s evening or over a smelly Helly when it’s around 8 – 12 degrees C.

AngusWells

A Ground Effect Rock Lobster meets your needs

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-ROC-SUM.htm

CraigW
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

I just bought two from Decathlon. Pretty much spot on. The only downside is that they have a single (zipped) rear pocket.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Similar (but better) tot eh DHB windslam, try the endura FS-260, it’s probably been my most worn bit of clothing this year, perfect for morning and evening rides.

Failing that I wear a fairly generic cheep LS jersey with quite a loose weave to keep the sun off but allow some air to breethe.

rewski
    Free Member

review in this months mbuk – intrepid came out top and endura

headfirst
    Free Member

Helly Hansen lifa top fits the bill, surely?

or a Rock Lobster from Ground Effect as said above, I really like their gear – good fit and design, durable and decent prices.

jota180
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member
    hunta

+1 for the Intrepid but their stuff ain’t bargain basement cheap.

I got a couple of Race Face long sleeve jerseys which are nice and lightweight. Think they were around £30 each end-of-season from the Wig.

MoreCashThanDash

+1 for the Decathlon ones, only let down by the one zipped pocket.

cheers_drive

I just use a LS baselayer in the summer. Or if I need pockets SS and arm warmers.

djflexure

Over budget – sorry

Gore

but SUMLB10

Will give you another 10 quid off

Few reviews on Wiggle

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Summer long sleeve jerseys’ is closed to new replies.