Summer Lightening?

Home Forum Bike Forum Summer Lightening?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Summer Lightening?
  • Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

Haven’t been that way for several months….so when was the step on the top section flattened out? No sanitisation of the next section, so why that bit I wonder.

brooess

It was done last summer at some point IIRC
    Real shame. Whilst the trail is the same, the character of it and the feeling of whizzing through the trees is gone, and you don’t get the same feeling at all.
    But it’s their land and at least they left the trail intact…

Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

I rode it late summer when it was still there, so a bit of a surprise to come fast round the corner looking for a nice little jump only to have flat section to the tree. Just can’t understand why flatten that one but none of the next section which is marginally harder (albeit still not difficult).

The first bit was frozen solid and nice to ride, just a lot tamer!!

I think teamhurtmore is referring to the log step/drop thing half way down in the top section, rather than the tree felling. Didn’t know it had gone either – not been over there for ages! (is it frozen?!)

Subscriber

Yes HH, the log step that had the little root afterwards that occassionally bought the big tree into play!!! Complety flat now.

The water was very cold, my feet were frozen by the end. Time for the overboots!

brooess

My bad.
    I was there when that drop first went in, early 2007. A tree had blown down so we just threw a load of earth down to turn it into a ramp. TBH it’s was always a bit hairy finding yourself wheels off the ground and heading towards a tree!

Subscriber

I did a course in the summer and we spent some time checking technique on that little drop and the next section. It was interesting to watch lots of riders go by and just how many made a horlicks of the landing on the little drop followed by close shaves or full on contact with the tree. It never looked much but gave onlookers some entertainment.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

Went earlier this month. Annoyed me too. Don’t think it had anything to do with sanitisation…I got the impression the deforested area was being prepared hopefully for re-planting. It deserves to be re-instated and I’m sure it will

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Summer Lightening?’ is closed to new replies.