Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Summer house wall insulation for this…
  • surfer
    Free Member

My build

I was going to go with Kingspan or Celotex but how do the much cheaper “wool” type products compare such as:

Knauf

I plan to use it all year round and install a small wood burner so just wondering what the best solution is and dont want to skimp but there is quite a difference in cost.

spacecadett
    Free Member

I built something similar last year & went with kingspan. I got it (delivered) from a company called Seconds & Co. they have an eBay shop. It saved hundreds of pounds. The edges on quite a lot of the panels were slightly damaged & there were quite a few dents here and there but that didn’t bother me.

Edukator
    Free Member

Of all the insulating materials I’ve used on my house the glass wool has been the nastiest to work with and the least long lasting. The rock wool is moderately nasty but lasts well. The recycled polyester is pleasant to work with and shows no deterioration yet. The 27 layer reflective stuff surpassed my expectations in terms of efficiency (it really does equal about 120mm of glass wool) and was fine to work with. Celotex is excellent except for fiddly things where accurate cutting is essentila to it working well.

In future I’ll use a combination of multi-layer, Celotex and polyester.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks both.

What is the polyester stuff you are talking about Edukator? Do you have a link???

Thanks

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Celotex is much easier to work with and will take up less space for the same amount of insulation. I got all mine on ebay as leftovers from jobs. Was about half price or a little over. Main advantage was that it was available immediately. There was a big global shortage at the time but I think its OK now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Summer house wall insulation for this…’ is closed to new replies.