Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Summer house build threasd
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks good built up.

Off the back of this Mrs brain has ok’d the warmalog 3×3 from Dunster.

So now I need a spark to do me some cabling…

phil5556

Looks great 🙂
    We were going to get something similar but didn’t really have a decent place to put it.

So stuck a gondola on the patio instead 🙂

EDIT: I don’t recommend that beer.

So now I need a spark to do me some cabling

Yes, get a spark for the connections, but for a cable, what are you running and what distance?

If it’s just a heater, light and a couple of sockets and the summer house isn’t going to be 15 miles away, them probably a piece of 6mm sq 3 core armoured cable, laid in at a suitable depth (ideally 450mm where anyone would be digging, but must probs go to about 300mm 😂). Is your house distribution board on an outside wall? I’ll take some pics of mine shortly

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If it’s just a heater, light and a couple of sockets and the summer house isn’t going to be 15 miles away, them probably a piece of 6mm sq 3 core armoured cable, laid in at a suitable depth (ideally 450mm where anyone would be digging, but must probs go to about 300mm 😂). Is your house distribution board on an outside wall? I’ll take some pics of mine shortly

So I’ve a 50mm conduit and pull laid in already when I had the water pipe run so that’s easy, but that needs a cable running internally in the house, to the conduit, then 30m to the summer house, so 6mm be way over for what’s wanted!

It’s the dragging it through my walls and into my distributon box that really I want a spark for because, frankly, I don’t like dirty work 😉

Started to get some office furniture in there

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j3ijdG]2020-05-18_01-46-09[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

surfer
    Free Member

I dug a 75cm trench and used guarded cable. presented to the RCD and my mate installed the gland and made the final connection. At the house end I brought it through the wall and terminated into a cooker socket with an isolation switch with the other side connecting to an RCD in the main house board. The cooker socket with a light allows me to isolate power from the house which just gives me reassurance if I am going away for a bit.

null

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That is my favourite tool ever surfer, the wee dewalt, paid for itself so many times now!.

My summerhouse is pretty similar to TAFKASTRs, I’ll get some pics up this weekend when I finally get the windows and doors painted.

Sofa in and mirror up. Waiting for a filing cabinet to match the desk, beer fridge and coffee machine (got a Krups Nespresso waiting in a box) for the far corner (more room than it looks – wide angle pic), some pictures on the wall, some plants and a shelf above the desk and it’s done. Erm, apart from painting the ceiling and 2 walls outside….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j3ABVY]2020-05-19_05-00-47[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

cinnamon_girl

That looks fabulous Artist and particularly like the chair. The outside looks lovely with the pastel shade really finishing it off. Good work that man!

Cheers c_g 😊

Not to everyone’s taste, but I love my chair too

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j3G5Mm]2020-05-19_08-00-59[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

rone

Some lovely set-ups.

Wonder why they are all so obsessed with massive windows? I suppose people want to look out on to the garden … but it’s an office. Surely security would come a little higher up the requirements…

avdave2

STR
    Exterior will be to match my shed, which is actually same size/shape

Nobeerinthefridge

Make it a different colour, same colour as shed will look whanky

STR

Hmmm, will have to think about colour. Mrs STR will probably have a moan if I introduce another colour – sheds a bit nicer (greener) than it looks in the pic

And the final post from Garden Office from 4 months ago by one avdave2 😊

Got to agree with that. Why not reverse the scheme with the windows and walls. That way they look different without introducing any new colours.

mogrim

Erm, apart from painting the ceiling and 2 walls outside….

Why would you paint the ceiling? Looks great in bare wood. Nice office BTW 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wonder why they are all so obsessed with massive windows? I suppose people want to look out on to the garden … but it’s an office

Mine ain’t an office! it’s a summer house build thread, and I want light in there.

And the final post from Garden Office from 4 months ago by one avdave2 😊

I listened and pleased with the result. Thanks 😊

Wonder why they are all so obsessed with massive windows? I suppose people want to look out on to the garden … but it’s an office. Surely security would come a little higher up the requirements…

I’m guessing you’re talking more about the ones with bi-folds?

Anyway, I’ll probably put some blinds up. But it’s got security cameras and hard wired domestic burglar alarm for now

Beer fridge has arrived 😁

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j6L5ZV]2020-05-29_12-53-00[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j6L5Ma]2020-05-29_12-52-41[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

FB-ATB

Think it belongs to another user a few posts above.

avdave2

I listened and pleased with the result. Thanks 😊

We both know it only matters what your wife thinks! 😊

It does look very nice, love the interior.

😂 Took me a second.

Let it settle for 24hrs and just turned it on. Will be filled 😊

stumpy01

FB-ATB
    Subscriber

🙂 lol….

We both know it only matters what your wife thinks! 😊

It does look very nice, love the interior

She was dead against it, deemed unnecessary.

I’ve pushed it through in the premise that I needed an office (which I did).

She admits it’s nice now it’s done – helps that the rest of the garden is getting sorted too.

Cheers

FB-ATB

She admits it’s nice now it’s done

Oh dear, enjoy your office while it’s still yours.

Oh dear, enjoy your office while it’s still yours.

I think she’s still quietly protesting. It’s s lovely place to sit with the doors open with a coffee in the morning, or a beer in the afternoon. So far she’s not entertained it 😂

She knows it’s my space, but I’m more than happy to share (that’s what I tell her anyway 😉)

Now full-ish 😊

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j6PyNz]2020-05-29_05-13-26[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A couple of bottles and a stack of cans of ‘Wife Beater’, you will be fine 🙂

FB-ATB

cans of ‘Wife Beater’

Is that to discourage office take over attempts?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Summer house build threasd’ is closed to new replies.