Summer Holidays, where you going this year?

Home Forum Chat Forum Summer Holidays, where you going this year?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Summer Holidays, where you going this year?
  • loddrik

So after mulling over disneyland we’ve just gone in completely the opposite direction and booked La Baume Camping in Frejus, been before before we had kids and it was brilliant.

Where are you headed?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

http://wildsidemtb.com/
    taking 6/7 days round it to prep and chill out tough due to some people dropping out and a few other things I’m now off to look at camper vans to make it all work πŸ™‚

jon1973

French Alps hopefully.

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

mikewsmith – nice , i have ridden some of that like Montezuma Falls during the AR World Champs in 2011, and into Granville harbour etc. Stunning areas.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Cheers feeling a bit under prepared right now but should all come together. It’s my first. Multi day event hence the van should make things easier…

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

That Montezume Falls track is always wet and massive puddles ! Good luck, you’ll have a blast.

earl_brutus

Vietnam and verbier this summer for me n her indoors

Devon, Ireland (Co. Derry) and a weekend in Paris.

I can’t wait. Thailand’s brilliant but nothing like home. Unfortunately, my excellent (if I saw so myself) ppt presentation explaining to my wife why I should take my bike home for 6 weeks fell flat πŸ™

bwfc4eva868

A couple of weekends to Lakes this year. Trying to get finances back on track.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

The UK, I hear its nice in June?

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

French Alps with the bike and the boys for our annual bike riding and drinking session

The Vendee region of France for a Eurocamp holiday.

Christmas and New Year in Thailand to avoid the dreadful family miserableness and inability to please all of them all of the time.

jimster01

Munich in July, Mrs’s birthday-big one too. Fortnight in croyde, hopefully weep be blessed with the same surthat we had this year in Cornwall, but doubt that we’ll be that lucky.

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Camping, somewhere between learnie, golspie & balblair πŸ˜†

prawny

Newquay (Cornwall) first week of the summer holiday, and a farmhouse near Dalbeattie in the last week, happy days. Fingers crossed the weather will be as good as it was last year

wrightyson

A week 5 mins from trebarwith in Cornwall, surf and suns up hopefully.
    4 days at a music festival if that counts.
    Still debating something for Easter tho…

jonba

Majorca then Italy for cycling in may/june . Walking in Ethiopia in November. Will spend what summer we have enjoying the UK walking and cycling.

sharkbait

Normally spend a load on time on the N Wales coast where my (recently) late mum had/has a house, but this year we’re doing less there and spending 10 days with a mates family on board their boat beach hopping around Sardinia and Corsica πŸ™‚

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Nothing planned we were discussing it the other night, wife says there’s no need I’ve said I’m not letting my kids have no summer holiday. We’ll be going somewhere sadly my wife and I have different ideas on the kind of holidays.

aP

Not really thought about it, still got 17 days to use from last year.

South Uist in June.

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Lochgoilhead, Oban area, visits to the western isles. Yorkshire for TdF and who knows, if I win the lottery Whistler

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

Marmaris, Turkey. wife always sorts our holidays and does a grand job. booked this ages ago for Β£220ish per head, its well over Β£500 now.

orkney for a short break – love the place, might make a serous atempt to get to shetland this year.
    oregon is looking good for a flights only, free board with a mate break

LoCo

Italy, for Iron bike.
    Fort William, For WEMBO.

Maybe Picardie region in northern France to the parents in laws house.
    and
    definatly down to Parents and sister & bro in laws new places in Cornwall where they’ve just moved, 10 mins to Polzeath πŸ˜€

Scotland once or twice again for a wedding (he’s on here so will say something if I don’t mention it) and for a christening as I’m the god father

dabble

T’Alps hopefully, with me cousin if he pulls his finger out, on me tod if not.
    Also want to get a long weekend in Scotland at some point, May Bank Holiday probably. Walk up Ben Nevis, have a burn on t’uplift at Fort William too.

hjghg5

10 days in Ireland to coincide with the Giro and a week all inclusive in Fuerteventura with 10 of my relatives 😯 for my mum’s 60th.

Marin

Alps or Bolivia. Having a pow-wow in the Lakes this weekend to decide.

pegasus

northern spain camping, me and mrs p and three kids under 8. Last couple of years it’s been france thought we’d try spain this year, any suggestions?

Rockape63

So many places out there, but with three daughters between 13 and 21 it looks like we’ll be heading back to the Dom Rep for another all inc experience. Our first all inc holiday to Turkey cost Β£3800 and now an equivalent holiday is circa Β£8k. 😯

wysiwyg

W H I S T L E R!

I hope…

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

cycle touring, either the loire area, or Denmark, or Holland/Belgium.
    just cant decide yet.
    also a week in turkey, and a week on the bike with the elderly northerners drinking club.

Premier Icon Argonaut
    Subscriber

Norway, cycling the western fjords from Kristiansand to Bergen. Should be epic scenery, can’t wait!

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

Sadly finances will not stretch this year. Maybe next.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

A week in a terrace in Peebles to combine our Commonwealth Games tickets with some time in Edinburgh.

yossarian

Lots of hols for us this year.

Easter – Scottish Borders for a week. Innerleithen v. close so a bit of riding is on the cards

Summer – weekend on Isle of Wight in early June, then week in the lakes in late July. August is a week in Northern Spain followed by a week in Southern France then back to the UK for a few days then a week on Malta.

I’m also getting away on my own to ride the ridgeway down to Avebury and then the SDW back to Eastbourne.

Awesome! We haven’t really been able to afford any holidays since the kids were born 5 years ago so this is kind of hard earned IMO.

stumpy_m4

looking like sharm el sheikh middle of may for 10 days , just me and the mrs πŸ™‚
    maybe a bit of touring middle of the year πŸ™‚

crankboy

Hopefully a couple of weekends camping in the summer and a week in Portugal self-catering with the in-laws in September.Being the wrong sort of student Crankygirl is on placement for the summer so no time for a summer holiday.

ciderinsport

OP, I stayed at La baume several times – its great!
    The last couple of times in the area i stayed at a site in agay. Just a bit quieter!

Traffic in the area in school holidays is bad… The only bad bit!

The beach down the road is ace, as is the water park (if its still there!)

Inland is better still if you like hills and mountains. Good wine from the villages inland by 30mins!

Enjoy!

I’m off to somerset for a week, 7 long uk weekends, and a couple of weeks doing the big bike bash πŸ˜€

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

Hawaii en route to SF to visit family then onto Edinburgh to take up residence. 2.5 months off work so when gear arrives and van does too we will take off up to the islands. Might cram a couple of european weekends in too. Woot woot looking forward to massive year of changes !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Summer Holidays, where you going this year?’ is closed to new replies.