Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Summer gloves
  • cubist
    Free Member

Whats a good pair of lightweight summer gloves with decent padding and full fingers?

With the recent improvement in the weather out came my summer 661 Rajis which have gone a bit crispy since last year and after just a short ride around Sherwood Pines yesterday my hands have blistered.

What recommendations do people have for gloves that are breathable (my hands sweat like a Squaddie in a spelling test),full fingered and have well padded palms (and won’t fall apart after 2 rides)…

binners

Another pair of 661 Raji’s. Mine made their first appearance of the year yesterday 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you tried thin palms. I used to be fan if padding but I’ve switched to thin palms and there’s less sweat, no rubbing and seem just as comfortable with the right grips

matther01
    Free Member

My raji’s fell apart after 4 rides! Current Troy Lee Air have lasted 12 months…and used in winter too!

grum
    Free Member

Sounds like you want the moon on a stick TBH. Not sure how they can be well padded and light/breathable.

stevied
    Free Member

My POC freeride gloves are great. Light, airy and a bit of extra padding in the knuckles. Got them for about £20 from cycle surgery..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Summer gloves = Troy Lee XC

That’s a science FACT right there.

bigblackshed

Not a fan of padded palms. Much prefer thin gloves and softer grips. I tend to use BMX gloves. Bicycle Union Love/Hate for the last 5 years. Still look like new.

661? Tried a pair once. Barely made it out of the car park before falling apart.

warpcow
    Free Member

Do 661 Rajis really have a padded palm? It’s a while since I used a pair but I remember them being really minimal. Anyway, Troy Lee XC used to be my standard answer but now I’ve discovered Troy Lee Air.

Edit: see now I was wrong about the Rajis. I’d recommend the TL XCs then.

jsync

Specialized ridge for me, fit like a glove…………boom tish

robyzf1
    Free Member

I’ve been using moto cross gloves for the last few seasons. Thin palms, loads of feel and as comfortable as any cycle glove. Very hard wearing too.

Frankers
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Summer gloves = Troy Lee XC

That’s a science FACT right there.

Troy Lee XC are “the” best 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try some at your lbs?

Blisters =/= bad gloves btw, may be your hands aren’t used to it.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I love Rajis. I’ve got about 6 pairs of them from over the years.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Ridge + 1

mogrim

Decathlon long finger summer gloves are great, albeit not massively padded.

matt_outandabout

My Soecialized BG lasted for ages.
    Now on some OnOne trail, and they are great as well, apart from an iffy but of Velcro closer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Summer gloves’ is closed to new replies.