Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 204 total)
  • Summer Chub Club!!!!….
  • wheeliedirty
    Free Member

I didn’t weigh in last week as it was the middle of birthday season, there are 3 family birthdays in a 8 day period so once the BBQ and cakes where put away the diet was resumed. I’m down 400g over a two week period, it could have been a lot worse.

longdog
    Free Member

No change in the scale, but legs are fairly inflamed from squats and riding, plus no morning dump, so not worried.

MoreCashThanDash

Slightly up on last week at 82.6, slightly down overall, just!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

I seem to be maintaining the same weight, which I am not overly unhappy about given that actively attempting to lose weight seems to have gone off the rail a little bit.

I think a combination of sitting in the house all day at a desk not really moving much, coupled with daily boredom wandering to the kitchen for snacks isn’t helping 🙂

At least it’s not going up!

austy
    Free Member

Big drop this week which is surprising and wasn’t expecting at all. Almost hit the target weight already.

Keep the faith guys and stay on it even if you have increased. Keeping an eye on it helps keep it at the forefront of the mind.

chrispoffer

ernie67
    Pffffftttttt…..heavier than when i started despite riding more.
    Calorie logging from now on, see what happens then 😕

@ernie67
    – it’s tracking calories that’s worked for me. Another 1lb and a bit off this week but a total of 2 stone 6 since I started using the Nutracheck app in Jan. Think myfitnesspal gets good reviews too (and is free) but I like the fact that Nutracheck is a UK app, has UK specific food in it rather than ‘merican stuff.

reluctantjumper

FFS, a 0.6kg gain this week. Haven’t done much in the way of riding or gym work this week as I’ve been hammering through job applications but I have done a longish walk most days and not eaten much above normal. Calorie tracking shows I should be in a deficit still though so may have to look at changing the base calorie burn figure down to lower my daily need.

It’s actually getting depressing standing on the scales every morning.

OwenP

Down a bit this week after the plateau of a half-term holiday last week. Trend appearing downwards now, which is good. Got to keep the exercise up and the booze down as 1.5kg could easily reappear!

cakeandcheese

After two weeks of plateau I’ve seen 2.5kg drop today, without any real changes to my routine. I’d be very happy to weight in at the same weight next Friday. I’m currently trending at -0.79kg a week against a target of 0.55kg.

I echo Austy’s point above – don’t lose faith if not much seems to be happening week-to-week. It’s all about the downward trend over the whole period.

cakeandcheese

I’ve also just looked at the figures, congrats to all who are keeping on track but especially Eyepic, Muggomatic, P7eaven and WheelieDirty. Some big numbers in the first four weeks!!

forge197
    Free Member

Small loss again which is good, bit off target at the mid point, weigh a little less than the start though. Better than the other way around.

Wally

Back on the waggon, tiny losses. Going to try harder for the last push.

Frankers
    Free Member

Another plateau week for me. Really struggling to reduce weight at the moment, and the only thing I’m doing different to the beginning of the year is having a few beers on a Wednesday and Saturday night. I’m happy as hell still being under 80kg but really want to get down to 75-76kg as my long term weight goal.

reluctantjumper

A solid 0.7kg drop this week to 83.3kgs, was down to 82.7kgs on Wednesday after two days of solid exercise (bike and gym) but I’m presuming that was when I was a bit dehydrated. Still, it’s better than the steady gains of the last few weeks.

longdog
    Free Member

Continuing to creep downwards with 0.5kg off on the scales. Definitely looking and feeling better and had some comments on it too 😁

doomanic

After 9 months of procrastination and comfort eating I dragged my fat again arse to the scales two weeks ago; 98.6KG, up 16KG from my best last July. Ouch! Two solid weeks of Keto see me at 95.3KG so 3.3KG down so far, which I’m not particularly happy with but it’s better than nothing.

Not much actual exercise in that time though; I’m struggling with motivation in the gym (three sessions in the last two weeks, instead of five sessions a week), no cycling and I currently hate running again. Hopefully the gym downer will go once I’m adapted to the low carbs.

MoreCashThanDash

Put my back out gardening last weekend and have been unable to do any more this week than hobble around with my pelvis locked at a jaunty/camp angle. I fear the scales are about to reveal the folly of continuing to eat as though I’m still doing 10 hours of riding a week…..

MoreCashThanDash

Up 200g – I’ll call that a win then!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Three or four pints of ale and a few bags of fried body-parts early in the week meant having to work stupid extra-hard to barely squeeze over the line this weigh-in. Water, teas and good things beckon. I’ve noticed that snacking causes gain (naturally) which (for me) sets up a rebound effect where I then react/attempt to correct by cutting back on my ‘good’ meals. That then leads to feeling hungry between meals and then ‘double-snacking’ and/or going ‘**** it! and giving into grabbing fast food for a meal instead.

Meal-planning helps with that, I found. And setting a little thought aside for stoicism/grownup chats to self 🫐🍉🍌🥗🥙🍲🥬🥦🌽🥑🧅🧄🥕🍠

cubist
    Free Member

I’ve found that my weight isn’t dropping as much now as it was when my weightloss journey started but I am lifting bigger weights and definitely building muscle and it feels like there is slightly less insulation so as someone previously mentioned weight loss is not the only KPI.

The thing I normally suffer with is longevity of a health kick. Work, nights out or soemthing else will get in the way and I’ll drift off plan and not get back on it. This time I am really trying hard not to fall into that trap.

twonks

Flat week for me.

Whilst the gaining has stopped, it is time to be honest with myself, get serious and start shifting some mass.

From tomorrow I will be adding at least 30 minutes walking into every day, and continue to record foods.

edit – Just checking I wrote what I thought I did 😉

p7eaven
    Free Member

Marginal loss this week but at least no gain. Thanks to Father’s day and then annual midsummer solstice shenags, both with plenty beer and beige food involved. Next week need to pull a doublewin.

MoreCashThanDash

Another week of being barely able to walk further than the fridge and I’m up 1kg to 83.8.

Physio on Monday had better bloody fix my back!

olddog

Flattish couple of weeks. But I was on holiday last week so I consider that a result

stumpy01

A small loss this week, but have finally dropped below 73kg. Only down to 72.8kg, but I’ll take that.

chrispoffer

I’ve had a great week this week – with a bit of extra concerted effort I’ve managed to drop 3lb (1.4kg) after a few weeks of losing just under or just over a pound. Extra exercise and being careful about what I’m eating (via the Nutracheck app) has been the key to it this week.

Psychologically it’s an important week for me as it’s the first time I’ve been below 15st. Next milestone will be when I can lose another 4lb which will take my total weight loss since last year 4 stone (25kg) then I’ll be counting down to what I think will be my ideal weight of just under 14. 1 stone, 1.8lb to go 🙂

Good luck to everyone weighing in today, a small loss is good, a small gain is OK provided you’re aware of it – same with staying the same! My big thing is the weekly weigh in, whichever way it goes I know the goal I’m aiming for and avoiding the scales will see me stealthily put weight back on until I’m back where I started.

p7eaven
    Free Member

One is latterly given reason to rejoice. Completion of early stool had the corrective effect of maintaining my weekly target (within tolerable deviation rate)

So that’s a load off 😅 Onwards and upwards! Obviously emergency midweek adjustments (read: acknowledged the crime, did the time) to calorific intake (read: increased deficit + exercise) worked out this time. I’m not wanting to make a habit of that though, too stressful. Slow and steady does it.

well done @chrispoffer, those psychological milestones are a boost I agree. Two weeks away from being where I was two years ago. Shifting two years of lard in 12 weeks feels fantastic, even moreso on account of a kilo a week being seemingly a sustainable loss for me. Sure I’ll plateau along the road again somewhere but so far the only notable instance of that so far has been because of eating way too few calories and also being sedentary for five days. I’m assuming that period slowed my metabolism which halted weight-loss, as the trend picked up again as soon after I began eating more?

forge197
    Free Member

Up a bit this week, suspect same next as got some meals which regardless of choices made have an impact, on the positive my weight is pretty stable.

reluctantjumper

0.4kg down this week which is surprising as I’ve done sod all exercise!

twonks

Botheration.

Forgot to put my weight in last week so just had a look back at the tracker and found it to be going up.

If the trend continues, I’ll be back where I don’t want to be tomorrow 🙁

It’s easy this weight loss, do more – eat less… sigh..

p7eaven
    Free Member

It’s easy this weight loss, do more – eat less… sigh..

Eat better? I still lose weight when moderately active as long as I keep off bread and beer and instead make up the calories with other foods like veg, lean proteins, grains etc.

However, last Friday I caved in to a chip-shop pizza with beer and chips and then a Chinese curry on Sat. Utter meltdown. What an idiot. So I put on a kilo by Tuesday’s reckoning 😩

Have had to work hard since. Not feeling good about tomorrow. Chalk it up to a blip.

dannybgoode

Argh – struggling at the moment. Lots going on at home and in a bit of a dip with the depression which always sees me put weight back on. However, I am back on the exercise having fallen off the waggon when I had Covid before Easter and am trying to get back to healthier eating.

The good news is I have not put on as much as I lost in round one so hopefully I can still hit the target weight or close to it. Will update the spreadsheet when I get chance 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Physio on Monday has eased my back so walking and steady rides are restarting.

Had new club jerseys delivered this morning – even going up a size I still daren’t breathe out.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I really messed up this last two weeks. So with three weeks left, my target is impossible to achieve on 1kg loss per week.

Do I go hell for leather and try lose 2kg a week for three weeks or would that be inadvisable? The other options is to just carry on try and hit 1kg p/w and come in approx 4kg over target (do not want/is unacceptable)

I’m thinking that more exercise, fluids and some intermittent fasting may help me nearer the goal?

chrispoffer

p7eaven
    Free Member

Do I go hell for leather and try lose 2kg a week for three weeks or would that be inadvisable? The other options is to just carry on try and hit 1kg p/w and come in approx 4kg over target (do not want/is unacceptable)

I’m thinking that more exercise, fluids and some intermittent fasting may help me nearer the goal?

It’s got to be what works for you. I like the idea of 1kg a week – but it’s a toughie to do week in week out, you’re looking for over 2lb every week. Going for 4.4lb a week sounds like a step too far to me. You’ve had an awesome result so far – if you went imperial it would be achievable to get to a stone off in the 10 weeks if you like round numbers, and that’s really impressive.

I’ve found over the last year or so that I’ve been able to make sustainable changes to my diet, what feels normal now would have left me in a hungry grumpy mess in July’20. The trouble (for me) of going liquid only/fasting/whatever for a short period is that I might meet that weeks self imposed target but what happens when you stop? It piles straight on, that’s what. And more in my experience over the years.

So if it was me I’d move the end date back for your target weight (if you can’t bring yourself to bring the target down), revise the weekly loss you’re aiming for downwards to a level where you don’t have to go without to achieve it, and moderate what’s going in rather than not eating. But that’s what I would do, not you. Mind you, I have managed to drop 24kg in the last year so while it’s not been quick for me, slow and steady’s what works for this porker.

MoreCashThanDash

Yay! Back down to 83kg – a little discipline and a gentle return to exercise paying off

uggski

Stayed the same but as I have tweeked my back and ot done a lot I’ll take it

p7eaven
    Free Member

@chrispoffer. Thanks so much for the reply/thoughtful advice, much appreciated. Sensible-sounding, and I like the idea of changing my target for this summer chub club. Disappointed in self, but not massively as you say it’s still an achievement and chub club is helping massively keeping me focused and on track with my overall target (losing 80lb in 40 weeks) Agree about going slow and steady as it’s a permanent lifestyle change that I’m struggling towards after all.

Funnily enough re fasting and then gaining, I accidentally fasted while camping a couple of days and then on return I piled weight on even before I hitting the chips and beer! 🤭

On the plus side am finally getting ahead of a few stubborn disabling injuries injury that basically stopped me doing any meaningful cycling, swimming or gym for last 5 years, and I also seem now to be surfacing from depression which was about the same time frame. Injury + no exercise + depression + obesity + stress + covid isolation + family griefs + unemployment + relationship probs + being defacto primary carer = a codependent menagerie of challenges – and were (even up until April this year) seemingly impenetrable by me from ‘inside’, but then this recent weight-loss and resolve has since opened up a big chink of light, somehow allowing me to breath, think and move better. Onwards and upwards one and all, strugglers, smugglers and jugglers!

*Quite literally. Wheezing less already.

I have managed to drop 24kg in the last year so while it’s not been quick for me, slow and steady’s what works for this porker.

Ace! I’m going to celebrate now with an Itsu seaweed sheet 🙂 (Secret weapon snack, ie no fat – all taste)

Onwards and upwards one and all, ye strugglers, smugglers and jugglers. 3 weeks now, steady as she goes…

p7eaven
    Free Member

*Edit – Oops 😳 feeling so gung-ho that I said it twice!

forge197
    Free Member

Day late but a week of eating out despite exercise has netted a 1.2kg gain 😂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Summer Chub Club!!!!….’ is closed to new replies.