Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Summer beach holiday – not too hot
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Now my mum has died (see my thread from last night) I have decided I want to get away – I have already booked a couple of weeks off in August and fancy a relaxing beach holiday. But with two 2 yr olds, we don’t want to go to anywhere like Greece as it can get silly hot.

So – any destinations with nice beaches, family friendy, not too hot but more sure of nicer weather than the UK? I don’t want to do Devon or Cornwall as we are going in October anyway.

Ta

ton

carnac, or trinite sur mer in brittany

donsimon
    Free Member

Northern Spain, Cantabria. San Sebastian is supposed to be nice, never been though.
    Asturias, again, is supposed to be nice too. Not too hot either.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Baltic sea, Med? It may be warm but the sea breezes keep it pleasant. Or the Atlantic coast of France. I loved Royan for example

bruk

Consider Alps? lots of lakes where you can sunbathe and more activities. Might even sneak in a rental ride 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I had thought about alps (we have a few holiday property clients around Morzine) but I just like the seaside/ sun loungers/ ice cream and cold beers idea of a typical Med holiday.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Blackpool?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Another vote for Brittany.

Although you need to go a bit further south for guaranteed weather.

Great for relaxing times with a young family.

joolsburger
    Free Member
    gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

erm, based on last 11 years the first few weeks in oct in west cornwall have been stunning… but then considering its mid summer and we’re close to having central heating on,in this country, who knows!

canaries?

molinifreeride
    Free Member

Perfect here – we’re just 25km from nice sandy beach 4km east of San Remo on the Med. Child friendly with very shallow water protected by line of sea breaks. Up here is are a couple of river lagoons too always popular with families. Riding is awesome, but you have to pretend that its otherwise to the family and you are making a big sacrifice for them.

Mackem

Hondaribia, near San Sebastian
    or
    Plentzia near Bilbao

both would suit you.

geoffj

Brittany or further down the Atlantic coast of France.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I would have recommended Brittany too – it’s a bit like Ireland there though – you never quite know what you’re going to get, weather wise…maybe head further down the coast towards Vendée.

How about one of the nicer sides of Menorca/Majorca? Think harbour towns rather than beach resorts – supposedly very family friendly, not full of pissheads. Oops, I see someone has already mentioned Menorca.

Erm…thinking out of the box, Croatia? One of the islands in the Adriatic?

EDIT: Hope all is well m_f 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Come to Ireland, we’re having November weather at the moment so it might actually be nice and warm then. And the beaches are empty most of the time anyway (too few people live here to crowd them). You can even drive on some (see Bettystown in co. Meath).

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Northern Spain is good, I’ve been on a fair few holidays based in a a town called Estartit, always been enough of a breeze to keep it at that nice warm level but not so that you’re roasting.

Although we’re going to La Rochelle (France) this year for something different – from what we’ve read / heard it looks like it should be good there- lots of sunshine, but being an atlantic coastal area not ridiculously warm!

dyna-ti

Jersey 🙂
    Bit of duty free shopping for the missus and warm continental weather

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I would normally recommend Galloway but we do have the heating on and I have just booked flights to Alicante

dobo
    Free Member

I know you said not greece but i’ve just come back from Thassos in northern greece, very relaxed, great beaches and mountains, doesnt get too warm and fairly cool at night, maybe something to do with the mountains near by.
    i’ve been to crete before and that did get hot!

Bregante

Southern Sweden, around Malmo.. We go every year as Mrs B has friends there. Beaches around the southern coast are lovely, water is pretty chilly though but the climate is generally what we used to think of as a perfect British summers day. Low to mid 20’s and DRY. Hotels aren’t cheap but rented cottages aren’t too bad.

Best beaches are round Ystad.not at all commercial but we like it that way.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Summer beach holiday – not too hot’ is closed to new replies.