Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suitable Headset & Crown Race for a 2008 carbon stumpy with a tapered steerer
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I have a 2008 stumpy carbon pro with the Specialized 120mm brain shock with carbon tapered steerer. The top end of the headset is badged as Cane Creek.

I want to change the forks to some rockshox revs with a tapered steerer (already leaning against my wall) but am having difficulty working out what crown race might do the business… nothing on the Cane Creek site looks close…

Help!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

err – bump?

Just realised the question is not clear – should have asked “Has anyone changed the headset on a tapered headtube stumpy – and what worked?”

Ta

scaredypants

I’d phone a spesh-selling shop and ask them – disappointingly, that would also preclude a stw guessathon

However, if you want guesses – cane creek zs2

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cossyrush
    Free Member

Hi there, your question was clear, but only to someone who’s done it.
    I fitted some new forks to my 08 S works and had exactly the same problem.
    There is a PDF on the web:
    http://service.specialized.com/collateral/ownersguide/assets/pdf/Head-Tube-Fork-Compatibility-Guide.pdf

This will show you exactly what you need.
    I also needed the spacer as my frame had the high bearing position.
    I phoned Specialized UK, spoke to a guy in their suspension dept and they sent me the parts.
    Really good service.
    Trying my new forks out tomorrow, have gone from the 120mm future shock to 150 Talas, so have slackened the head angle a little on the 150mm setting which is what I wanted to do.
    If you need any more info just drop me a mail.
    Ben

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

cossyrush Thanks – that’s brilliant. I’ll give them a bell…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suitable Headset & Crown Race for a 2008 carbon stumpy with a tapered steerer’ is closed to new replies.