Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sugru
  • DrJ

Does anyone use this stuff?
    http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/mar/16/sugru-inventor-jane-ni-dhulchaointigh
    It looks like the most brilliant invention since chocolate Hob-Nobs, but maybe in practice it’s a bit crap?

AlexSimon

Yes, and it’s great.
    Expensive and short shelf life though

drain

Awesomely useful. As Alex ^^^ says, it states a short shelf life on the packs – but I used some just yesterday which was supposedly use by January 2014 and it’s fine. Just about to use a bit more now!

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve used it for the shower head, it didn’t fit the holder, it does now. Put some on iPhone cables so they don’t break. I’ve also heard of people using it to do some emergency car repairs, but requires 24 hours to cure if it’s going to get hot.

In practice it’s good, as long as you can make it look good!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I used it a few times fixed a zip on a jacket and added some grips to a camera does what it says on the tin 🙂

willard

Yup. Used it to increase the palm swell and vertical-ness of the pistol grip on my FT/R rifle. Fits a lot better than it did when I’m prone now.

Also used it on iPhone charger cables and to reattach the aerial on the car roof.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, even I’m struggling to remember how to pronounce that inventor’s surname. 😕

BigJohn

I thought Sugru was how Chinese pronounced Superglue

AlexSimon

nee-gull-queen-tigg

CountZero

You can make your own, using silicon caulk and corn starch, google it, I think you can find the details in Instructables.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sugru’ is closed to new replies.