• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sugoi zap or other reflective water proof/resistant jacket?
  • yohandsome
    Free Member

Looking for a reflective jacket ala the Proviz 360+ (not a bad option, but the zap is sleeker).

k

matt_outandabout

We’ve am old model Madison Stellar in the house – best biking jacket we’ve got between us. Uber reflective, pit zips, magnetic bum flap(!) and properly waterproof.

https://road.cc/content/review/9523-madison-stellar-jacket

We’ve also an Altura Hurricane that is really unusual when a light is shone. Not quite as nicely detailed as the Madison IMO.

https://road.cc/content/review/9523-madison-stellar-jacket

grahamt1980

The reflect 360 is very very non breathable.
    I have the gilet for running and it is sweaty as.
    I have a zap biking jacket and a running one and they are far nicer and good up well to rain showers.
    Amazingly bright

yohandsome
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips! I’m surprised the Proviz is that bad since it has pit zips, upper and lower back vents.

Altura has a Typhoon model that looks decent too, in a kinda bright grey..a lot of the sugoi stuff is very drab in daylight :S

grahamt1980

It is just the result of the fabric, bear in mind mine is a gilet so no arms etc and i am def very sweaty wearing it. The fabric is properly waterproof but just not breathable.
    The new fabrics might be though, i haven’t tried one since getting the zap ones

desperatebicycle

My Zap is a running one I think. Not sure what the difference would be, fits pretty well for riding. It’s breathable, but its not really up to much in proper rain, ok in drizzle.
    Main colour is blue, can’t say I’ve noticed a lack of visibility, as with all these things, if they ain’t looking, they don’t see ya.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Make em look I say!

stwhannah

Review: Showers Pass Torch Jacket

Showers Pass do reflective stuff like ProViz. Pretty sure there’s still a Member discount on it too if you head into the Members’ voucher codes area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sugoi zap or other reflective water proof/resistant jacket?’ is closed to new replies.