Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suggestions please Ladies XC FS
  • Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

Asking on behalf of a lady friend who would like to switch to a Full suspension bike. She is 5″9 and likes to do the miles but also has intentions of doing more “trail” riding, small drops maybe a small jump or two. She has a budget of £2K but would also consider the right bike in good condition second hand. So far thinking along the lines of the Trek Lush or the ladies Canyon Nerve.

In advance thanks.

cinnamon_girl

Won’t need WSD. Superlight?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Last years’ Camber Pro in M?

Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

Thanks for reply CG, why do you say won’t need WSD?

Marko

OH has a Canyon Nerve AM in medium and she is around 5′ 8”.This a Mens version.

It might be Canyon who just alter the contact points and call the bike a ‘Ladies’ model?

I think CG is hinting that the taller female fits a Mans bike fine, it’s the smaller Women that needs a specific frame.
    Hth
    Marko

Basil

Era FSR

What would be perfect is a 2008 Specalized Era Comp FSR medium, which has had so little use it still has it’s original tyres and all for less than half your budget.

cinnamon_girl

Yes, it tends to be the shorter ladies who need WSD. Having said that, I used to have a Juliana which is the WSD version of the Superlight. The top tube really was a bit too short for me and I’m 5’5″ with short body and long arms/legs.

FWIW all my bikes are men’s and they’re all a good fit.

transapp
    Free Member

I thought that the wsd bikes had smaller grips, wider saddle and pretty colours? Didn’t know frames were different.

However at 5’9, I’d say almost any medium frames going to be fine, so really the worlds your oyster

stratman
    Free Member

My OH has an Anthem x1 w – which she loves has a somewhat more upright stance which suits her. Cost about 2k

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions please Ladies XC FS’ is closed to new replies.