Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Suggestions for wide 26", 32H rim please ?
  • loughor
    Free Member

It’s an old bike so nothing stupid expensive, but any suggestions appreciated for wider (?) rims, tubeless preferably good with my preferred Minion 2.3 tyres, front and back. Any feedback, opinion appreciated. Thnx in advance

gigawhat
    Free Member

stans flow mk3 are quite wide at 29mm internal

loughor
    Free Member

Oooh, thnx…. discounted at CRC too …

br
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of Hope evo c/w Flow ex’s sat in the workshop, looking for new of s/h?

nedrapier

loughor, check they’re the mk3 – previous flows were 25/26mm internal

might be worth searching for Easton Arc as well. 24mm, 27mm, 30mm internal. they’ve been rebranded as RaceFace Arcs, so the one’s with the old stickers are going cheep.

just picked up some 29er 27s for £33 each.

RustyMac

ned the Arc’s don’t appear to be available in 26″

nedrapier

you’re right. sorry!

jairaj

I’m a big fan of Spank wheels. CRC usually have some of their stuff going cheap.

loughor
    Free Member

Thnx for the ideas fellas. B R I’m in Hong Kong so not much use I’m afraid, although they look pucker. The hubs are old DT 240s, which are still ace, those Hope rims look to nuts though. Thnx again.

loughor
    Free Member

Doh, the Flows look ace. Cheers

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

A 2.3 tyre on anything larger than 26mm internal i think wont work well. I have the new flows on the nomad and it states to use 2.4 or above(30mm internal) so last gen flows might be perfect.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mk2 flows are plenty wide enough for a 2.3 tyre. They are also very solid.

docrobster
    Free Member

Wtb frequency i25 are virtually the same dimensions as a flow ex. £45 each at CRC. Mine have been bombproof

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for wide 26", 32H rim please ?’ is closed to new replies.