Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Suggestions for small brand mtb kit
  • squealer
    Free Member

It seems everywhere I look at mtb riding spots there are people sporting Troy Lee or fox etc these days, there’s a lot of bright logo’d riding kit around!

I’ve always preferred smaller more anonymous almost start up brands and lately have bought from can’t quit cartel and underdogs cult so was just looking for other suggestions for decent quality stuff from smaller less known brands if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks.

seventenths19
    Free Member

Ground Effect, from New Zealand and largely made there. Not cheap but quality is high …..you used to get stung by import duties etc (to UK) but I think it’s now factored in (more info on their website).

nbt

Lusso. Made in Manchester

kneebiscuit
    Free Member
    squealer
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Ground effect – possibly a bit middle age?😬

Lusso – isn’t that road kit?

Commit – top find. Looks perfect thanks.

Lummox

Broken riders gets a huge vote from me, absolutely first class.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

👍

malv173
    Free Member

Another Broken Riders vote here. They are brilliant.

wheelsonfire1

Polaris, not small brand but small logo! Been using them for years, top quality clothing.

jonba
    Free Member

I was going to say commit.

Also Stoked
    https://stokedcw.co.uk/

Banana Industries
    https://bananaindustries.co.uk/

dannogilchrist
    Free Member

Check out Setup clothing. Had a couple of shirts from them and were great quality at a very good price. Based in Matlock

didnthurt

Never used them but I quite like some of their jersey designs.

https://hackneygt.com/collections/mtb-jerseys

didnthurt

I always liked Oakley, Royal Racing and Dakine down hill kit but that probably just shows my age.

didnthurt

I’m also a fan of 7mesh, Patagonia and Vaude but then I like understated quality kit. Not a fan of big logos and slogans.

matt_outandabout
    duncancallum

Polaris
    Cant quit

My top 2….

didnthurt

Morvelo Overland kit is nice too but it is a touch more gravel than mountain bike.

a11y
    didnthurt

Those Crow jerseys are nice.

daviek

I just came here to mention Crow but like lots of things im too slow 🙂

razorrazoo

If you like the more ‘metal /street wear’ vibe Dynamic Style have a few jerseys and Pete who runs it is a nice chap.

Link

johnw1984
    Free Member

Me and my missus did the brand ambassador thing for Lusso and tried to get them to make mtb kit, but I don’t think they were that interested in doing it.

We used their road stuff for XC and it was really good though. Still have loads of their kit and use bits of it occasionally in summer.

squealer
    Free Member

Some good suggestions there, thanks all.

jamesy01
    Free Member

The Crow kit is awesome.
    Best fit out of the the long sleeved tops I own and the material has stood up well against all the usual forest foliage.
    As an added bonus the top I’ve got was a perfect colour match against my Whyte 😂😂😂

scratch
    Free Member

Still have some ground effect shorts from 2009 – great kit!

Did Go-lite go-under? They made good stuff

clubby

Must be (ok I am) getting old but half those jerseys look like the vomit I used to produce after a night on aftershock shots.

Very much liking my Mons Royale stuff for the past few years. UK pricing a bit salty but usually on sale at the some point. Still some logos but merino fabrics much nicer than the synthetic stuff lots of jerseys made from.

Not a small brand but POC stuff nice as well, apart from price.

hatter

A good quality Merino tee from Howies or the like is my go to choice for riding tops now cargo bibs have removed the need for Jersey pockets.

Pearl Izumi stuff is good quality and tends to not be overly shouty if you want a more traditional mtb Jersey.

Realise they’re not a ‘small’ brand but their MTB stuff isn’t seen over here very often so would be a good bet if you don’t want to be a clone.

razorrazoo

Must be (ok I am) getting old but half those jerseys look like the vomit I used to produce after a night on aftershock shots.

Can’t say I disagree, less is definitely more.  Personally not a fan of the brash GMBN style huge logos / camo jerseys, but I guess for the small brands it’s the polarising design which sets them apart.

fathomer

These look good and I’ll be doing my for next time I need/want a new jersey.
    https://terrainclothing.co.uk/

pothead
    Free Member

Uncrafted, Stoked, Commit. Not actually owned or worn any of them so no idea about fit/quality

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for small brand mtb kit’ is closed to new replies.