Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suggestions for Scottish trip?
  • FOG

Every year I am fortunate enough to make 2-3 trips to Scotland usually with my son but this year he is far too busy with new father duties so it will be a solo effort and hopefully to somewhere a bit different.
    OK, I have spent a lot of time in-
    Dumfries and Galloway
    Tweed Valley
    Torridon
    Braemar/Eastern Cairngorms
    Some time around Inverness/Contin Strathpeffer.
    Obviously I have nowhere near ridden all the trails in the above places but just fancy something new.
    So I want somewhere with 3-4 days relatively easy to find riding[won’t have time for possibly fruitless exploring], a centre with a variety of accommodation and not too lairy as I will be on my own

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aviemore for Burnside, cairngorm hike a bike, laggan trail centre and off piste just doon the road, Nevis range and kinlochleven ditto.

Limit yer drivin, maximise yer bikin.

FOG

Sounds good, done a couple of rides from Aviemore but never stayed there or done any of the classic trips. Thanks!

kcal

Seconded. you could spend a week there and barely scratch the surface. I/we’ve been going for a long weekend for several/many years and still every year there’s a new route to appreciate.

tjagain

Aidrie. going there will give you a whole new appreciation of Scotland

squirrelking
    Free Member

There’s a pump track in Wishaw if you really want the full safari* experience.

*if an open top land rover during a bad hunting day is your idea of fun

scotroutes

As above, loads of varied stuff around Aviemore. PM me if you want some ideas and/or hit me up if you come to the area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for Scottish trip?’ is closed to new replies.