Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suggestions for a table top for Ooni Pizza oven
  • blader1611
    Free Member

So for fathers day i received an Ooni 3 pizza oven but the wife wants me to build a table for it that will live outdoors. I am fine building it but not sure what to use for the top as it needs to withstand the weather. I cant afford to do it in marble/quartz/granite etc so looking for a viable cheap alternative,any suggestions?

Also where is best to get cheap pellets for the oven?

simon_g

Stainless steel top from a catering prep table/bench/unit is what I’ve been looking for a similar thing. Else I may just go for wood and make a cover for it.

I used Balcas Brites pellets from Plumb Center, although since getting the gas burner for it I’ve not used it on pellets at all.

frogstomp

When I get around to making something for mine I was just going to get a piece of worktop from Gumtree / Facebook Marketplace – plenty of offcuts available for £10-20.

blader1611
    Free Member

Frogstomp – what material for your worktop? Surely a wooden one is not going to survive the weather for long.

I was thinking about a cover as well but i think it might still be too damp outside.

JoeG
    Free Member

These work well:

https://www.keter.com/en/unity-entertainment-storage-unit

https://www.keter.com/en/unity-xl-entertainment-storage-unit

I have the XL one, and the space on each side of the UUNI is useful.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve got a keter one like the links above. It’s bang on, light, easy to move and 8t also fits the peels and a Weber portable bar b 8n the bottom cupboard.

dmorts

Do you want the table top for making pizza on or just for the Ooni/Uuni to stand on? I made one for it to stand on out of scaffold board. The oven is high enough off the surface so minimal heating of the table occurs, i.e. my wooden table top hasn’t been scorched or anything during use

blader1611
    Free Member

The top of the table is only for the oven and some room at the side for bits and pieces. Most of the food stuff will be done indoors.

Im not really bothered about scorching/heat, just more concerned about the table surviving 5he yorkshire weather.

Thanks i will check those links out.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just make one out of some old asbestos you’ve found lying about in your garden.

It’ll be fine.

spot1978
    Free Member

For mine I use some old concrete slabs I found. I built a timber frame beneath for charcoal storage etc.

smehrlich
    Free Member

compact grade laminate is what you need. its the stuff they make toilet cubicles from, no timber core so fine for outside. its normally about 12.5 mm thick and tough as boots.
    best bet is to try and find a local joinery / kitchen firm or toilet cubicle manufacturer who may be able to help out with an offcut.

main brands in the uk would be polyrey, formica or trespa.

id offer to chuck you a bit but im down in devon.

there is a firm in normanton, sheridans fabrications, who are massive but might help you out..

lister

Mine sits on a huge cable reel that’s on castors. Almost no heat goes down and after two years there is no scorching of the wood.
    Because it’s on wheels I can rotate the whole thing to get the wind blowing through the fire box correctly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for a table top for Ooni Pizza oven’ is closed to new replies.