• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by feed.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Suggested MTB destination ( < 2hrs from Geneva )
  • feed

Hi all, myself and a mate have flights (with bikes) booked to Geneva on Wed 27th June returning on Tues 03rd July. We had booked on the Sky2Trail enduro event in Les Arcs which was unfortunately cancelled. But every cloud………

Didn’t have accommodation booked but still want to avail of 5 days of mtb and break from wife / kids (give them a break too)

Have done Morzine \ Passportes du Soleil region a good few times so would prefer a different destination in Northern France or Switzerland.

Criteria would be

a) Lift or uplift accessed trails

b) Preferably < 2hrs from Geneva

c) Transfer from Geneva available (though we can hire a car if necessary)

d) Reasonable size village \ town with selection of bars \ restaurants, doesn’t need to be hoppin’

e) Natural (or Natural feel) trails

Would anyone have any suggestions, maybe Les Arcs is worth going to anyway ?

(We’ll be on 160mm travel bikes, Finale would tick every box if someone could move it about 1000km closer to Generva )

Thanks

cx_monkey

Your biggest problem is that most places lifts don’t open until the 30th June, les Arcs is the 7th July…. Morzine and Les Gets are open from early June (but not fully) because they’re lower altitude.

There are other options though – get a few days guided vehicle uplift with people like The White Room: http://whiteroommtb.com/ they’re near Bourg St. Maurice (2.5 – 3h from Geneva) and are thoroughly nice people and know all the natural routes in the area, which as it also has lots of bike parks higher in the hills, are nice and quiet. I’ve used them to guide corporate events in early June before, and even without the lifts they have plenty to offer.

If you want to be nearer to Geneva, there’s good non lift stuff in the La Clusaz area, and I have friends who go to Annecy every year too – but never ridden there. They’re both well under 2 hrs from Geneva.

BillOddie

Bike Village in Les Arcs?

feed

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out. I remember someone mentioning Annecy before. so will definitely research that further.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Suggested MTB destination ( < 2hrs from Geneva )’ is closed to new replies.