Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suggest some steel rigid forks please
  • GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Need some rigid forks to finish off a bike for my wife. No carbon fibre. About 440mm long. Any ideas?

trail_rat
    Free Member

kona project 2s !

wwaswas

No carbon fibre.

Exotic do some nice aluminium ones in various lengths, cheaper than the carbon ones.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

If you’re anywhere near Bristol I have a pair of unused Commencal Max Max forks you can have
    (by Commencal I mean generic non-branded)

They are QR and can take v’s or discs

Dickyboy

Salsa Cromoto seem to have a very good reputation

Andy-R

+1 for Salsa Cromotos

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My default answer for these threads is the Salsa Cromoto. And my default ‘stay away from’ are the On Ones which aren’t very nice.

nedrapier

another vote for cromotos.

Edit: but I only got them because lots of other people said they were good. 1st rigid forks I’ve had for a while and shorter a2c suits the frame better. I very much like how the bike handles with them, they’re definitely not shit. A few hundred grammes heavier than carbons, some of which might ride better for all I know, but you said you don’t want them anyway – neither did I.

oldboy
    Free Member

kona project 2s !

Yes!

takisawa2

There’s some Genesis rigids on the Classifieds…

Another vote for Exotic Alloy if wanting new.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I can vouch for the Cromoto’s too. I had some of the 420mm disc-&-V ones a few years ago and they were very nice, though, I still think the On-Ones are ok. They are more rigid-rigid, but I don’t find that too much of a problem…..Surlys are ok. Best I have had for 26″ were Orange F8s, whch I don’t think they ake anymore. They were beautiful!

robdob
    Free Member

I have some brand new unused Salsa CroMoto forks I might sell. IIRC they have a 300mm steerer!

The triple butted P2’s on my 94 Kilauea are beyond perfect, but I’m not sure they make the light versions any more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suggest some steel rigid forks please’ is closed to new replies.