Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suggest a hub please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Any one point me in the right direction? I need a rear disc hub, 135mm 6 bolt. To complicate things it must be silver and Shimano 11 speed.
    To further complicate things it must be sub 100 quid or better. This writes off Hope, King etc. Finally the silver that Shimano use is not what I am after. Could strip and polish something but that means a lot of work.
    I suspect that its Novatec or similar .
    Ta

br
    Free Member

tbh I’d spend a bit more and get a Hope, at least that way you know it’ll fit any standard, ever.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not an option

Onzadog
    Free Member

Used hope?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Totally loopy idea – decent own brand hub available online?

IE – buy a swapped-out good rear wheel with a ?Specialized Stout?Bonty something?etc? – use the hub and stash the rim and [if they fit] the spokes?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Try finding a used Pro 4 Hope in silver in 32 hole in 135mm! Wish I could.
    Own brand hubs fine but exactly what is what I am asking. Great idea though.

stevied
    Free Member
    benpinnick

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/switch-ultra-rear-hub.htm

Probably a Novatech hub. Or did you mean road 11 speed?

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might find that the release of the pro 4 means there are more used pro 2 evo hubs for sale. I offered someone a pair of pro 2 hubs on stans rims recently for £180, so you should be able to get the hub for less than that.

Or what steved said.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cheers for trying . yeah, I did mean normal 11 speed.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ah. Apparently pro 2s built on road rims were 11 speed OK. Minefield time

Northwind

I have a Switch Ultra in a wheelset, it’s only been in my hybrid but it’s performed really well. Refinishing a used hub might be realistic? IIRC I paid £15 for 2 hubs inc postage with stevetheanodiser, that’d widen your choice at a not terrible price. But maybe not.

b r – Member

at least that way you know it’ll fit any standard, ever.

HAH.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suggest a hub please’ is closed to new replies.