• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rocco.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Suffesfest – Which videos to buy?
  • rocco

Looking to get a couple of Sufferfest videos for the winter to start with but not sure which to get. I’m hoping to build all round fitness over the winter. So what would peoples top 3 suggestions be?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Downward Spiral or Revolver, probably Downward
    Angles
    A Very Dark Place

That would give you short, medium, and long intervals. All under an hour.

mogrim

Downward Spiral or Revolver, probably Downward
    Angles
    A Very Dark Place

Not tried A Very Dark Place, but have the others. And agree with The Swedish Chef, even if it is Angels, not Angles 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

im assuming your using TrainerRoad?

if so Rubber Glove so you can base your workouts around your “virtual” FTP – will give more structure than RPE (Recommended Perceived Exertion)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

whoops, typo. 😀

rocco

Not using TrainerRoad as would need a new turbo as currently got a cheap one which I don’t think is on their list of compatable turbos

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

For just keeping/improving fitness TR is not really needed, a handful of Sufferfest films and a little commitment goes a long way in the winter months.

teamslug
    Free Member

Fwiw I used the blender over last winter and it really helped my endurance. The intervals make you feel sick though.

DT78
    Free Member

Just did the wretched, pretty good. The revolver isn’t much fun.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

None of them. They are evil. All of them.

karnali
    Free Member

Revolver is good, local hero also good as is hunted, just got the hique one which is nice for and easy day and very good at making me work on pisition on bike and pedalling.

mogrim

Not keen on The Hunted – it’s a good workout, not arguing about that, but I find it a bit dull. YMMV.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hunted feels somewhat dated due to it focusing on Armstrong and Schleck quite a bit. Nice workout but Angels is better IMO.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Strava Premium comes with some videos. You could use the free trial to test them out.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Hunted or Angels then I quite like Fight Club.

A Very Dark Place or Downward Spiral are just horrid if you do them properly.

So therefore recommended!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Angels, Revolver and The Long Scream.

something for everyone, bit of climbing, bit of sprinting and a bit of TT’ing.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

isnt Angels, Downward Spiral and Long Scream usually an introductory specially priced bundle?

We’ve got quite a few now including some of the longer ones (Hell Hath no Fury… and It Seemed Like a Good Idea…) but my favourites are Angels and Downward Spiral. I’d rather ride in the rain and cold than on a turbo but when its too grim (or icy) etc I’m a big fan of Sufferfest product and its more useful (and as entertaining) as watching box sets.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone do videos like this but on mountain bikes and off road trails?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

No, I’m not aware of ay MTB specific ones, best thing to do it use TrainerRoad and watch re-runs of the World Cup races.

natrix
    Free Member

Personally, Wretched is my favourite, far prefer it to revolver, but its all a matter of taste……………..

rocco

Thanks guys, you can get Downward spiral, the Long scream and a very dark place as an intro bundle, is it worth getting Angels as well or stick to the 3 to start with?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

As someone else said, I’d look at Strava Premium as you get, (so I believe), access to all the sufferfest films.

stevious

ONly 3 vids with Strava Premium – Long Scream, the Hunted and another one that slips my mind just now.

rocco

Thanks Chef, just had a look and you get The Hunted, The long Scream and Blender as a premium user. That should get me started

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Well that’s not a bad combo to kick things off with, and nicely coordinated as to not overlap with the Sufferfest intro offer.

timidwheeler

I really like blender. It’s a good mix of different footage and a varied workout. It features xc and cx as well.

rocco

I think ill start with the Strava vids and also get Angels and maybe an endurance video like local hero or ISLAGIATT as an extra. Should keep me going for most of the winter

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Suffesfest – Which videos to buy?’ is closed to new replies.