Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sufferfest – Training Q
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve started using Sufferfest recently ie once a week or so and have The Hunted and Angels.

After hard effort sections where they then say increase cadence and ease up a little, within about a minute I start to get cramp in my calf muscles. It goes of I drop the cadence dramatically ie from 110 to about 70 etc, but I cant maintain the high cadence. However I am then fine for the rest of the video… Is it just latic acid building up in my legs that is then being ‘spun out’?

Also afterwards my legs just- feel a bit tired, I never get that achy bruised feeling that I get if I do a hard run. Am I just not pushing hard enough or just my legs are more used to cycling, and therefore adapt quicker?

Ta

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

No idea if cramp can be due to high cadence – usually down to dehydration/ electrolyte imbalance/fatigued muscles.

I’ve been working on my cadence over the last year and find my norm is now 85 so the 90 that sufferfest ‘recommends’ requires concentration to keep it at that, otherwise i revert back to 85. But i don’t have any issues with 110+ for the attacks.

I’ve been doing sufferfest once/twice a week. My legs feel it afterwards (ie immediately afterwards) but not so much the next day – and certainly not as much as i would if i did similar outside. My biggest issue is i run out of gears/resistance using my oldish turbo so it means i can’t attack as hard as i can. 😥

BadlyWiredDog

I suspect the running thing is down to impact, which you don’t get with cycling. I run and bike, but comparable sessions running always hit me harder next day, I think because of the weight bearing element of it – your bodyweight hammering down on every footstrike.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Persevere with the high cadence it will get easier and less painful.

Also afterwards my legs just- feel a bit tired, I never get that achy bruised feeling that I get if I do a hard run.

You haven’t been running though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sufferfest – Training Q’ is closed to new replies.