Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sufferfest Revolver, wow, 45 minutes of pain
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Just downloaded it and nailed myself into the ground. Perfect way to simulate the pain of a cross race.

I have a number of Sufferfest films, but nothing beats the pain of doing a new one for the first time.

15 * 1 minute at max, (or 140% of FTP), followed by 1 minute rolling recovery. Nearly came off the rollers at one point, which would have been interesting!

Recommended.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I downloaded that one a couple of weeks ago and haven’t had the balls to try it yet as I know it is going to take me to a whole new level of cycling pain. 😯

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Been using the Sufferfest erg file for suggested power outputs per intensity level, seriously thinking about trialling Trainer Road next, providing I can get an ANT+ usb stick. Then I can get my Powertap reading directly on-screen along with suggest power output.

Hmm geektastic training.

flange
    Free Member

Are these available for download on an Ipad? Otherwise it means dragging the laptop into the man room, which is a pain

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The files are .mp4, so if iPads play that format then yes

Stuey01
    Free Member

Are these available for download on an Ipad? Otherwise it means dragging the laptop into the man room, which is a pain

Download it to your laptop, add it to your itunes library, sync to iphone, Ipad etc. I put it on my iphone and then play it through the apple tv to get it on big screen.

Revolver is the only sufferfest vid I have, first time I did it I was cursing the parentage of those who made it. It’s great stuff.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nah – one of the old ones is the worst – Glory Days of Tears and Pain.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Sufferfest blog says they are releasing an IPad app in the near future.

With regards to Revolver it is one of the hardest ones along with A Very Dark Place; I’ve also got Angels, Fight Club, Local Hero and the Hunted, they are pleasant in comparison

flatfish
    Free Member

For a complete noob to sufferfest, what’s best to start with?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I started with Local Hero as its 90 mins long and pretty much gives you a decent endurance ride if you can’t get out.

I enjoy Angels and the Hunted.

Revolver and a Very Dark Place have had me vomiting mid way through, I save them until you’re sure you want to go there

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Sweeping statement, but I’d say people would benefit most from Angels and The Hunted, as these cover longer intervals, more in line with general riding then the short high intensity work in Revolver or Downward Spiral. IMO

richen987
    Free Member

Revolver is horrible, but really enjoy a very dark place, although it kills you! Angels is great for longer intervals , highly enjoyable stuff which makes turbo almost fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sufferfest Revolver, wow, 45 minutes of pain’ is closed to new replies.