Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Succession – worth sticking with?
  • the-muffin-man

4 episodes in – are they all hateful creatures you just don’t care about?

Or does it get better? 🤔

NS
    Free Member

Yes keep going, it gets better – they are all nasty (but great) characters.
    Have watched both seasons – I think the show is superb & really something that I would not normally watch.

binners

Funnily enough, that’s how far we got before giving up on it.

We might have to give it another go

johnx2
    Free Member

I thought it was fantastic, but from episode 1. I’d personally lack the commitment to do 4 episodes of something that’s not doing it for me. Awful as they certainly are there are great characters, Roman is just really funny and I did find myself rooting for Siobhan as it went along. Ach, leave it there…

Twodogs

yeah worth sticking with…they are all hateful characters but really well done

johnners
    Free Member

They’re definitely all hateful creatures and (spoiler but not really!) nobody has a redemption story arc. There’s a lack of moral peril since they’re all so awful that you don’t mind what bad things happen to anyone but I still loved it. It took a couple of goes before it clicked but not as many as 4 episodes, maybe it’s just not for you. I’ve just watched S1 again and it’s still as good as I remember but this time I seem to be favouring different characters, if that makes sense. Tom’s still my favourite though, the only tiny chink in his awfulness is his misplaced love for Shiv.

timmys

Yes, it’s amazing…carry on, though certainly danger signs if you are not feeling it already.

DezB
    Free Member

4 episodes in – are they all hateful creatures you just don’t care about?

Apart from the **** annoying ones, yeah I cared about them, I cared enough to watch something else. Not funny enough to be a comedy, not realistic enough to be a drama. I think I made 4 or 5 episodes before giving up.

hols2
    Free Member

Keep in mind it’s a black comedy, not a serious drama.

llama

I liked it a lot

BUT if you don’t like it after 4 eps, probably not worth it, it’s more of the same except even more terrible behaviour, shady corporate dealings, massive incompetence, perversions, unbelievable amounts of money, drug abuse, politics, private jets, helicopters etc etc

Oh and a trip or 3 to the UK

johnx2
    Free Member

…and some fantastic plotting, acting, one-liners, etc etc. And for what it’s worth comedy as they are, I do care about the characters as for better or worse (and worse and worse) they are very human indeed. I’m probably, no definitely, a bad person myself but it’s not just nice people I find engaging.

djflexure

I gave it longer than you but gave up in the end
    Don’t understand what people see in the show
    Wanted to like it
    Giri/Haji on Netflix was decent last night (might also be on iPlayer as bbc show)
    Gangs of London was OK on Now tv

smokey_jo

Murdoch doc on bbc2 now if you’re more interested in the real thing

the-muffin-man

So I stuck with it and I’m glad I did – cracking ending and looking forward to S3 now. 🙂

NS
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Seems a while since I watched the last episode – looking forward to the nest season whenever that may be?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Yup, its ace. Appreciate not to everyone’s taste though.

Greg the Egg FTW.

wiki reckons the filming is postponed indefinitely, because Covid, although its renewed and written already.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Succession – worth sticking with?’ is closed to new replies.