Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Subversive 90’s Television
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Passengers.

maccruiskeen

I remember watching kabadi for the first time and it taking me really quite a long time to realise it doesn’t involve a ball

around the same fine C4 televised the International Inuit Indian Olympics

desperatebicycle

Chris Morris had a radio show before Blue Jam, I kept a cassette of some of it, I’ll have to Youtube it. There was a bit where him and “Peter” stole a baby from outside a supermarket and took it back to the studio. Strapped balloons to it and spoons for wings… made “Big spoon baby balloon”! So bizarre.

Me and my came in pissed from a club one night and put the telly on. We’re both convinced we saw this.. but can find no evidence of it anywhere… so does anyone on here have any recollection of: “At Home With Depeche Mode”?? A bit like Vic & Bob’s Slade sketch, but… well, I can’t remember much else about it tbh!

devash
    Free Member

Hitman and Her got quite good when they started going to the rave / hardcore clubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqgmcGYXsI

I used to have such a crush on Michaela Strachan. I vaguely remember one episode (maybe the Hacienda one?) where her jaw was all over the place, so she obviously knew how to get into the spirit of things.

Cougar

Late 90s channel 4 had some excellent programming on on a Friday too, Vids, Bits and the magnificent The Trip, if anyone remembers that?

I certainly remember Bits. Emily “Bouff” Booth… /sigh

I’ve met her incidentally, she’s still hot AF. I have a photo somewhere.

just brought to mind one where i cant think who the presenter was, someone who went to on be a radio DJ was it? twas a heavy metal show, something along the lines of the Friday Metal Show or something and one of the presenters was a skinny metal head with glasses called Crusher or something equally inapt. always used to play Slayer and celtic frost etc….

but its the blonde lass im trying to place. mary anne hobbs? ‘something’ nightingale? (not anne)

That was mentioned earlier, Raw Power. It was formerly the Power Hour IIRC. Krusher is still with us, he’s a mate of someone on STW’s dad IIRC. As I remember it the main presenter was Phil Alexander, with Krusher having a segment in the middle of it.

The blonde lass was named Ann Kirk I believe.

ads678

Wow, I’d fogotten about Rapido. Loved that.

Cougar

Bits:

Cougar

I have a photo somewhere.

Found it. Bouff:

Cougar

Trust me. I know what I’m doing.

sadexpunk

That was mentioned earlier, Raw Power. It was formerly the Power Hour IIRC. Krusher is still with us, he’s a mate of someone on STW’s dad IIRC. As I remember it the main presenter was Phil Alexander, with Krusher having a segment in the middle of it.

oooh this isnt the one i remember. dont recognise him at all, nor her name.
    im thinking of something else so i need to go a-googling.

desperatebicycle

The James Whale show was pretty out there. Seem to remember discovering some good bands off the live set they had on.

sadexpunk

oooh this isnt the one i remember. dont recognise him at all, nor her name.
    im thinking of something else so i need to go a-googling.

found it, and….. we’re both right 😀

it was indeed the power hour that i can remember, but it was ‘dante’ and amanda redington that i was thinking of. seems a bit spooky that i quoted the name ‘crusher’ because that wasnt who i was thinking of and i dont think i ever watched it when it became raw power.

Cougar

The other female presenter was Nikki Groocock. She’s the one everyone probably remembers, likely down to nominative determinism. I don’t remember “Dante” at all.

Was this Amanda?

sadexpunk

Was this Amanda?

i dont think so. i remember long, blond hair but i dont recognise the face. i cant see a pic of her that i recognise on google, altho i do recognise her name now ive found it.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I seem to remember the blonde woman from Raw Power always wearing a red leather jacket?
    And Bouff! One of the others was Dr.Alex Krotowski who’s regularly on R4 these days.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@bigdean

Was there a kids sat morning show “big mouth?” That had a presenter who’s previous work was Rita, Sue and Bob too.

Motormouth, possibly presented by Violet Berlin?

EDIT: Ah, no Gaby Roslin

Northwind

There was Anne Kirk as well that copresented Noisy Mothers with Kruser. I don’t care if Phil Anselmo’s a nazi, Walk will always have a special place in my brain. Duh duh duhduhduh

What was the cabaret/comedy show with Things That Make You Go Hmm as the theme? Might have been Paramount City? I feel like Mark Thomas and Mark Lamarr might have been involved

razorrazoo

Forgot Gamesmaster with Dominik Diamond’s continual ‘waggling his joystick’ immuendo.

Northwind

Dominik Diamond brought that same “might flip out at any moment” energy to everything. They got him on newsnight once, he dialled in pissed and shouted “IT’S BLOODY THATCHER’S FAULT”. And then his last tv show was an insane combative cookery show where 2 teams competed to win ingredients, steal ingredients from each other or, best of all, to inflict ingredients on the other team. All the time with Diamond cackling like the evil little goblin he definitely is, and basically going fight fight fight fight.

sadexpunk

What was the cabaret/comedy show with Things That Make You Go Hmm as the theme?

it wasnt part of something like Brainiac was it?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.