Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • subscription question
  • blastit
    Free Member

Can I just purchase one years online subscription , no auto renewal or any of that stuff. If after a year I like it I will do it again.

Cheers Si

bearnecessities

Yes, there’s no need to auto-renew.

Cougar

You can email subs@ if you’ve any queries / concerns around subscriptions.

blastit
    Free Member

Its I went to pay and it said will be renewed every 12 months at checkout. Be caught a couple of times with these type of things so now steer clear.

blastit
    Free Member

“This subscription will renew automatically every 12 months. You can cancel or change your subscription anytime. “

Just want one year full stop..

scotroutes

What bit of “cancel or change your subscription anytime” isn’t to your satisfaction?

bearnecessities

Without Colin’s arseyness, maybe just buy the sub via Cougar’s email and ask Sarah to switch off the auto-renew straight away. They’re a very amenable bunch in Tod Towers, unlike the forumites 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

What bit of “cancel or change your subscription anytime” isn’t to your satisfaction?

The IT crowds ability to write the the correct script?

Drac

I think there’s an option on your your account under the Premier tab to disable the auto renew. I can’t check as mine is a bit different.

cp

Just subscribe, then go to your account settings and turn off auto renew. Very simple.

SaxonRider

Drac and cp speak truth. I just checked my own, and it is as simple as pressing the button ‘Stop Auto Renew’.

Can’t be much more straight forward, really.

Cougar

Be caught a couple of times with these type of things so now steer clear.

Of course, and likewise. But it’s really not that sort of organisation and if the website is a bit leading then email them as I suggested. I’m certain you’ll have a happy ending.

Mark

As has been said above, there’s a box to untick in your account settings to turn off autorenew.
    Another alternative is to buy a gift subscription for yourself. There’s no autorenew option with that.

blastit
    Free Member

Letting me decide to opt into auto renew after I have subscribed would be nice. Instead of auto renew by default.
    If its no real problem why have they got it set up this way.
    Bit like Facebook and the like with privacy settings !!!

Will have a look at other options

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘subscription question’ is closed to new replies.